G3 Tunnell Hull

Started by G3, January 12, 2009, 09:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G3

In 2003 I bought a 1756 G3 tunnel Hull with a 2 stroke 70 yamaha. I have a 12volt trolling motor but am considering moving to a 24volt. The only modifications I have made is putting a aluminium tool box in to replace the factory seat. The water proof storage is handy for hunting and fishing equipment. Also you can lock it to help keep people honest. I also added a Mr. Bubbles to the livewell. I use my livewell for baitfish when I'm Stripper fishing and running lines for catfish. I generally keep around 25 to 30 bream alive for setting hooks on a given night. In hotter months I add a frozen bottle of water to keep the temp. down.

The Good: Floats and Runs extremely shallow, 2 large fishing decks, handles heavy loads very well for camping trips

The Bad: Doesn't handle the big lakes as a V bottom does, Doesn't handle tight turns as well either.

Just thought I would post for anyone who maybe interested in a G3. If any questions feel free to ask.

paxpress

Welcome aboard G3.  Glad to have you here  ~c~ ~c~ 

Thanks for the information on your boat.  We love to know our members and what they fish from.