Here are the rules for this year's UBCS. I've also attached them as a Word Document so you can download and print them out.
2009 UBCS Rules and Regulations
The Sixth Annual Ultimate Bass Club Shootout will be held March 21-22 at the North Toledo Bend State Park hosted by the Twin Cities Team Club "TCTC".
1. All State, Coast Guard, Federal, Parks and Wildlife Regulations shall apply at all times. Violations of the above regulations will be grounds for disqualification.
2. Only Largemouth, Smallmouth, and Kentucky spotted bass (black bass) will be weighed in. Toledo Bend - Black Bass must be 14 inches, and spotted bass 12 inches.
3. No more than 5 fish per team in the live-well at a time. When a 6th fish is caught, one must be culled immediately. At no time can a dead fish be culled.
4. You must personally weigh-in your own fish as a team or individually.
5. This is a two-day tournament. Fish must be weighed on the day they are caught, no exceptions.
6. Fish must be kept in a live-well or equally suitable conditions. Do not transport fish to weigh-in on ice, every effort must be made to keep fish alive. There will be a 4oz. penalty for every dead fish brought to the scales.
7. The Launch and weigh-in will be held at the North Toledo Bend State Park. Trailering will be allowed. Those wishing to trailer will not be able to leave the Park until official launch time.
8. All contestants must wear a Coast Guard approved life vest when the boat is on plane. If boat is equipped with a kill switch, it must be attached to driver while boat is on plane.
9. No wake zone enforced at the launch area.
10. A contestant is not permitted to fish within 50 yards from another tournament boat which is anchored or tied unless permission is granted. Good Sportsmanship is required at all times.
11. Entry fee will be $25/
team person with a $5/day Big Bass Pot. Total fees would be $35 per team person if you want in the BB pot.
12. Entry fee MUST be paid by deadline; deadline for the 2009 UBCS is March 7, 2009. All fees must be received by midnight. There will be a late fee applied for any participants paying after the deadline of March 7, 2009. No entries will be accepted after Launch on March 21, 2009.
13. You may obtain a refund of your entry fee until March 1, 2009. There will be a $5.00 fee assessed any refund requested.
14. Tournament hours are from safe light until 3pm Saturday the 21st and safe light until 1200/noon Sunday the 22nd. Launch should be 30 min before sun rise each day based on weather. Saturday and Sunday sunrise is forecast to be 7:17am
15. The tournament will be held regardless of rain or shine.
16. Fishing will be done with a rod and reel and artificial lures only (pork rind is acceptable). Each angler my only use one rod/reel at a time.
17. Contestants must be checked in 30 minutes prior to the tournament on both days. Failing to check in will disqualify that team.
18. All applications for entry in the Ultimate Bass Club Shoot Out and the determination of winners and right to awards are subject to the sole approval and discretion of the Tournament Committee whose decision thereon is FINAL. "Tournament Committee” consists of Steve Reneau, Mike & Laurie Cork, and James Teer
Questions should be directed to Steve Reneau/BassBUFF, TCTC President or Laurie Cork/Mother Nature, TCTC Vice President.
[attachment deleted by admin]