So whats all the hype about these KaRu lures?

Started by Bassburner15, February 06, 2009, 05:10:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassburner15

I have never heard of them before until here.I have never even seen them in stores.I looked on their site and saw spinner baits on sale for $6. I thought that was a little steap.Are they that good? I have been using Strike King baits for a long time now.I'm just looking for some feed back on these KaRu lures.

Can you only buy them from KaRu? I didn't see any in stores.I just thought maybe I would pick one up to try it.I didn't want to order on from their site and pay $6 for a spinner bait and than add $10 shipping on top of that.

Dug

It's not your average spinnerbait> look close.... it's a new patent design.  See there is a front blade...

And yes I guess you might think they are a litle steep but they catch fish and you cannot buy them anywhere else.  Also their vibrashock is just plain the best of it's type on the market.

Dug

In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.

Lee Smith

PM me your address!  I'll make a believer out of you!  They catch fish!  ;D

Lee

P.S. I will need to know what type of water you fish and the main forage.
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

Dug

that's the spirit Lee!! I have a hard time parting with mine....  But I did give to Vibrashocks and 2 vibraspins to Larry of Larry's fishing hole, a central ill fishing reports guy.  He does tackle reviews and since he keeps the website for reports, that I use all the time, I thought it was a good thing to do.  Still haven't been able to get a review out of him. I think the lures have a hard time penetrating the think white water crust.

Dug
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.

GotstaFish

What can I say other than they sell themselves  ;D
[Please enable JavaScript to see this content]

Lipripper

Quote from: GotstaFish on February 06, 2009, 10:33:18 AM
What can I say other than they sell themselves  ;D
They sure do and since this is a serious question I won't post karls new logo that they will be useing after I catch my 8 lber this year  ~roflmao ~roflmao

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Bassburner15

Quote from: Lsmith500 on February 06, 2009, 06:44:46 AM

Lee

PM sent Sir.

Bassburner15

Quote from: Lsmith500 on February 06, 2009, 06:44:46 AM

Lee

I'm not trying to be rude at all but,who are you? I just sent you my info.Ha Ha.

GotstaFish

Lee Smith

Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

Bassburner15

afroman5015

Well i won a nice looking Vibraspin on here not too long ago but second cast it broke off  :'( :'( ~rant

tsmith35

I have what may be a silly question for the KaRu folks... I periodically hang or break off a lure, so I need to get a replacement (just 1 lure). This isn't too bad when it means swinging by Dick's, Academy, or Bass Pro, but I really hate to lose a Vibrashock because the minimum shipping is almost as much as the bait. Is it be possible to set up a "replacement bait" purchase option that's literally just one bait in an envelope for purchase price + $1 shipping or something like that?

Just curious since I lost another Vibrashock to a rock this afternoon. ~xyz Fortunately I have a spare of that color, but I'm almost afraid to use it because it's been a productive color (Crigger Craw) and I don't want to lose my last one.

GotstaFish

Quote from: tsmith35 on February 06, 2009, 07:52:40 PM
I have what may be a silly question for the KaRu folks... I periodically hang or break off a lure, so I need to get a replacement (just 1 lure). This isn't too bad when it means swinging by Dick's, Academy, or Bass Pro, but I really hate to lose a Vibrashock because the minimum shipping is almost as much as the bait. Is it be possible to set up a "replacement bait" purchase option that's literally just one bait in an envelope for purchase price + $1 shipping or something like that?

Just curious since I lost another Vibrashock to a rock this afternoon. ~xyz Fortunately I have a spare of that color, but I'm almost afraid to use it because it's been a productive color (Crigger Craw) and I don't want to lose my last one.
Shipping and Handling charges are three fold. First there is the cost to ship you your order along with delivery confirmation charges and tracking info. This alone for just one lure is more than a dollar. Second, packing supplies and labels aren't cheap either, about a dollar per order. Third is time and cost of transport to the shipper. With the cost of gas last year this was a big concern but we still kept our prices the same when others were raising theirs. We also added the "Free Shipping" for orders over $50.00.. The minimum S&H charge is just that, a minimum, anything less and we lose money. Order one lure from Bass Pro and see what the S&H costs are, last I looked it was $7.95 so I'd have to say we are doing pretty good. My only advice, order 10 of your favorites next time and have plenty and take advantage of our Free Shipping  ;)  ;D

Lipripper

Quote from: tsmith35 on February 06, 2009, 07:52:40 PM

eye know how you feel  ::)  but tied on me last one and here is what eye caught  
and eye'm no Bass guy or on anyones  staff  ;D

Bassburner15

Hmmm,just curious as to what they are retail not being on sale.I started adding some things in my cart and before you know it it's $100 later.I wanted to try a few out before a get that much but it will be after the sale.

Lipripper

Quote from: Bassburner15 on February 06, 2009, 08:36:50 PM
Hmmm,just curious as to what they are retail not being on sale.I started adding some things in my cart and before you know it it's $100 later.I wanted to try a few out before a get that much but it will be after the sale.
That bait monkey sure is exdpensive isn't he  lo lo So which ones was you was you thinking about trying out.

Bassburner15

Quote from: Lipripper on February 06, 2009, 08:40:06 PM
That bait monkey sure is exdpensive isn't he  lo lo So which ones was you was you thinking about trying out.

Item Options Quantity Remove Amount
VibraSpin Colors: (10) Shad
Size: Size 2
   $11.98 USD
VibraSpin Colors: (17) Bleeding Shad
   $11.98 USD
VibraShock Colors: (05) KaRu Special Brown
Size: 3/8 ounce
   $4.99 USD
VibraShock Colors: (10) Shad
   $4.99 USD
VibraShock Colors: (17) Bleeding Shad
   $4.99 USD
Football Weights Color: Black
Weight: 1/4oz
   $5.98 USD
Skirts Colors: (12)Crigger Craw
   $2.69 USD
Skirts Colors: (05)KaRu Special Brown
   $2.69 USD
Football Weights Color: Black
Weight: 3/8oz
   $5.98 USD
VibraShock Colors: (09) Chartreuse/White
   $4.99 USD
VibraSpin Colors: (09) Chartreuse/White
   $11.98 USD
Subtotal: $73.24 USD

If they work than I'm sure that list will just get longer.I'll have to try them out 1st.

Lipripper

:shocking: WOW now that's a lot of good baits there. Your right that monkey puts stuff in your cart when your not looking  ;D Well maybe just cut it in half and just get the colors you like the most then after you try them you can decide if you want to get the rest ;D ;D

Bassburner15

Quote from: Lipripper on February 06, 2009, 08:47:44 PM
:shocking: WOW now that's a lot of good baits there. Your right that monkey puts stuff in your cart when your not looking  ;D Well maybe just cut it in half and just get the colors you like the most then after you try them you can decide if you want to get the rest ;D ;D

I did that already!

Lipripper

Buzbait88

Karu's are the real deal.  They might cost more than a cheapo chatterbait or spinnerbait at walmart or basspro, but the quality is far better IMO.  The hooks are stronger, sharper and better and the blades are stainless steel, making them nearly impossible to bend.  Go buy another brand chatterbait and see how easy their blades bend very easily. The Karu's will last twice as long so your getting what you pay for IMO.
THE VIBRASHOCK IS BACK!!
KaRu Lures
KaRu Facebook

tsmith35

Quote from: GotstaFish on February 06, 2009, 08:02:47 PMMy only advice, order 10 of your favorites next time and have plenty and take advantage of our Free Shipping  ;)  ;D

Yeah, that's pretty much what I've been doing. The wife now recognizes the KaRu name, so that's not good... ::)

Bassburner15

Quote from: Lipripper on February 06, 2009, 09:05:12 PM
Wow you might need toi get a second job lo lo

~shhh Sometimes I get cash jobs that the wife don't know about like the one this weekend, but the sale will be over by the time I can order them.

Lipripper

Quote from: Bassburner15 on February 06, 2009, 09:13:20 PM
~shhh Sometimes I get cash jobs that the wife don't know about like the one this weekend, but the sale will be over by the time I can order them.
~shhh We won't tell. Don't worry karl has sales all the time around here  ;)
Quote from: tsmith35 on February 06, 2009, 09:08:33 PM
Yeah, that's pretty much what I've been doing. The wife now recognizes the KaRu name, so that's not good... ::)
That's not good at all maybe we can come up with a plan to trick her  >:D