So whats all the hype about these KaRu lures?

Started by Bassburner15, February 06, 2009, 05:10:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassburner15

Quote from: Lipripper on February 06, 2009, 09:22:02 PM
  ~shhh We won't tell. Don't worry karl has sales all the time around here  ;)  That's not good at all maybe we can come up with a plan to trick her  >:D

Now my little secret is that I will deposit money (cash so the wife won't know) in my dad's account.Than I use his bank card to order stuff.Well we both have an account togeather,so yeah my card from that account.Well than when it gets sent here he will take the box and slip it under the boat cover.When I come home he just winks at me cause the wife will be home than.Than I know to look under the boat cover.LOL Works every time. ~roflmao

Lipripper

Quote from: Bassburner15 on February 06, 2009, 09:25:35 PM

Now my little secret is that I will deposit money (cash so the wife won't know) in my dad's account.Than I use his bank card to order stuff.Well we both have an account togeather,so yeah my card from that account.Well than when it gets sent here he will take the box and slip it under the boat cover.When I come home he just winks at me cause the wife will be home than.Than I know to look under the boat cover.LOL Works every time. ~roflmao
Now that's what eye call team work  >:D ~roflmao ~roflmao

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

GotstaFish

Quote from: Bassburner15 on February 06, 2009, 09:25:35 PM

Works for me  lo
[Please enable JavaScript to see this content]

Lipripper

Quote from: GotstaFish on February 06, 2009, 09:35:49 PM
Works for me  lo
Diana said eye could have about $400 from our Tax return to feed the monkey  ;D Needto get a couple of new spinning reels since 2 of mine are broken bit eye fished with them all last year anyways ;D

GotstaFish

Quote from: Lipripper on February 06, 2009, 09:46:50 PM
Diana said eye could have about $400 from our Tax return to feed the monkey  ;D Needto get a couple of new spinning reels since 2 of mine are broken bit eye fished with them all last year anyways ;D
Sounds like you are going to have some fun shopping Lip  ;D

Ron Fogelson

Hype??   Well I got a few photos to post here in a bit, my computer connection is slow right now but I nailed my PB today; a 7.43!   ~c~

Boated 11 bass with 7 fish over 5lbs two on a vibraspin one on a Fogy Green Vibrashock, one on a Spro trap and the rest came on Brush-hogs with a KaRu 3/4 ounce football weight.   ~bb

-Dave-

Bass-11

Ron Fogelson

Man photobucket was a pain, however here are a few from yesterday.

Lipripper

Fogy nice fish  ~c~ ~c~ Karl yelp will be heaDING TO BPS just as soon as we get it in the bank. Will be getting some more vibershocks also even if they arn't on sale  ;)

-Dave-

Bass-11

GotstaFish

Quote from: Fogy on February 07, 2009, 07:22:53 AM

Just checked with some local ice fishermen. Still 18"s  of ice here  :'(

Ron Fogelson

Quote from: fisherboy_01 on February 07, 2009, 10:32:47 AM
nice fish fogy.

Dave

Thanks Dave.

Karl all our water is still soft,,,, last week we did have a few days with frost on out windows on the morning if that helps.   lo

NateG

yeah, KaRu is the real deal, no hype involved. All I've used are the football jigs so far, and I caught my first jig fish off of them. ( I'd been trying for 2 years) These lures are in my opinion superior to any lure of equal value, especially with the sale ( that ends today).  The components are of the highest quality: the skirt, which is actually thick, not just a puny little thing.  The heads, don't chip, period.  The hooks, super sharp and tough.  And of course the color patterns!! These are some of the most realistic jigs I have ever seen...  ~c~ ~c~

OCBassman

Sweet Bass Fogy.  ~c~ ~c~ ~c~   Man I gotta get that new vibraspin.  ~sweat ~sweat ~sweat

iClass

Okay, I have been on the fence about this as well, but after a PM from Lee I have just placed my first order.  I think the Football weights are gonna be extremely kewl, already thinking of different applications to use them in.  Thanks again Lee for taking the time to offer advice on colors / baits to my specific application.  I won't go into what I ordered but lets just say I was able to capitolize on the free shipping!  ~c~

Tight Lines

slick

Hmm, I've looked at all of the different products but never held one. I'm having a hard time seeing what makes them so different from others on the market....?

Buzbait88

Quote from: slick on February 08, 2009, 05:55:45 PM
Hmm, I've looked at all of the different products but never held one. I'm having a hard time seeing what makes them so different from others on the market....?

The main difference is the components.  Karu is all made in america by Karl himself.  That way he can put the absolute best quality products onto them without having to charge an arm and a leg to get them shipped over seas to get assembled and packaged.  They do cost alittle more than say a rad lures chatterbait, but the blades are twice as thick and 10 times stronger.  They are stainless steel not some cheap aluminum. 

The vibraspins are unlike anyother spinnerbait out there and the football weights are also a really cool idea thats going to be a huge hit for working soft plastics in rocks.  They use a very durable powder coat finish on all of their jig heads and the customer service is 2nd to none.  Did I also mention they were made right here in the U.S.A.  ~flag
THE VIBRASHOCK IS BACK!!
KaRu Lures
KaRu Facebook

The Bassmeister

I just put my order in this morning.  Can't wait to get them so I can cast 'em out on the ice.  :) I hear they are so awesome, I bet the fish put will be busting through the ice to get at 'em.
Ranger 519VX 200 Optimax

Cross her eyes!

tsmith35

Quote from: Fogy on February 07, 2009, 07:22:53 AM

Did you drill holes in the blade? Does it help make bubbles?

tsmith35

Quote from: Buzbait88 on February 08, 2009, 06:20:50 PMDid I also mention they were made right here in the U.S.A.  ~flag

That's important these days. Man, I am so sick of seeing "Made in CHINA" on everything. It seems like everything from pens & pencils to toilet paper and toothbrushes are made in China now.

Chatterbaits are made in CHINA, while KaRu Vibrashocks are made in USA. Vibrashocks cost less and last longer. No brainer.

TightLinez

As stated, these lures are much more than hype. They talk a big game, but the difference is that they back it up. I used to be one of those guys aggravated with the quality (or lack of) of the chatterbaits. You won't be disappointed if you go with KaRu. Plus, they have some awesome jigs and the colors are SICK. Extreme Bluegill, Fogy Green, Blueback Herring are just a few of my favorites. ;D

Buzbait88

The pics really don't do justice for colors like blue shimmer, fogy green and blue shimmer cotton candy.  Its so hard to catch the light perfect in a pic to show how good it looks.  Baits like the ones I mentioned above look white, but have a slight blue shimmer to them as the light hits it.  Especially underwater.  The fogy green is about the same way, but its so hard to show that in pics.  Really have to see them in person.
THE VIBRASHOCK IS BACK!!
KaRu Lures
KaRu Facebook

slick

Again, I'm not arguing I am just trying to figure out what everyone is talking about...but Booyah makes very good baits and they have some that look just like those..

Buzbait88

Quote from: slick on February 08, 2009, 09:25:51 PM
Again, I'm not arguing I am just trying to figure out what everyone is talking about...but Booyah makes very good baits and they have some that look just like those..

The boogie bait is a little different. 
1. it doesn't have a football head.  I think this is important, because on the Karu the blade hits the head everytime creating a rattle that I believe helps the fish find the bait, making the hook up ratio much better on the vibrashock.

2.  the way the blade is attached to the head of the boogie bait look to me like it would hinder the blade swivel.  It also looks like it would bend easily.  If that were to happen your blade would bind and your out 6 bucks.

3. the blade design is much different.  For instance the boogie bait has holes in it.  Thats ok. It won't affect it much, but it will most likely make the bait run shallower is all.

Hope that helps.  Her's some pics so you can compare the to and see what I'm talking about.

THE VIBRASHOCK IS BACK!!
KaRu Lures
KaRu Facebook

slick