Fisher boats

Started by fishing nut, August 08, 2005, 05:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishing nut

I may be getting a fisher boat, it is a 1986 with 40 or 50 hp evinrude and a center console with trailer. Does any one have any experience with this brand of boat.

blake711

A friend had one and it was a nice little boat.. He never complained about it..  I was looking at one of their newer ones a couple months ago.  One thing to think about is they are still in the game after 30 years and that says alot espeically in the aluminum boat world. 

bassmaster_mercury

Hey bassin buddy.  I work at a marina here in Canada, and while we dont sell Fisher boats, i have not heard to many bad things about them.  Just make sure you check the general areas for weaknesses such as the transom, etc.  hope this helps, \
bassmaster_mercury

TheBassMachine

My Uncle has a 1989 Fisher 17' with a 75 horse Mariner. He has had really good luck with it. Performs well, which is a miracle the way he drives!
I will face the fact it is an addiction!
Special thanks to Vicious Fishing It was an awesome year! I hope 2009 is even better!

LoonyToon

Fisher is part of and has been part of Tracker Marine for awhile and they make a fine aluminum boat. I know two fellows I fish with in rather large ponds(over 100 acres) and on the Broad Creek and Nanticoke River that swear by them

Keep the Rod Tip up and the Hook Sharp

fishing nut

Thanks goin over to take a look at it saturday hopefully.

calincalif50

Fishin Nut,
   I looked at one today.  Nice, clean,  exceptionally well maintained, 17 ft, 75 Merc in emmaculate condition, t&t, 42lb thrust motor, 2 finders, 2 wells, 2 new batts, bimini top, 20 gal fuel tank, . $4300, think would $3700 be too  much/little

fishing nut

What year is the boat, motor.

calincalif50

blake711

cali it never hurts to ask but if you really want it make sure you don't insult teh fellow.   Check out http://www.nadaguides.com I looked at some 97 modles not sure what teh exact one you are looking at is but most had low retail of around 5000 or better.. So check that out first.  If you like it make an offer he can't refuse. 

calincalif50

thanks looked it over.  3500 would be alittle low, but I can go as high as 4000 cash

blake711

Well cash talks so if you have it in hand.  You should have no issue getting it at 4k I would think. 

calincalif50

Still a bargin at $4200, which was the final selling price.

blake711

Congratulations on your purchase, it does sound like a deal for sure and it its clean you got a heck of a deal.  I am in complete envey right now. 

fishing nut

Picking up my fisher this monday cant wait, it is in really good shape with no pealling paint and not dents or scratches. It even has a galvanized trailer. quick question, i want to mount a bow mounted trolling motor but there is only a small area in the front of the boat that is raised close to the gunnels but is still about 3-4 inches below, and only extends about a foot from the very tip of the boat. Anyone know how to mount a trolling motor to this?? thanks for your help.

calincalif50

by the time you madd teh mmounting plates and adapters I think it will come out above the gunnels

greg061

I bought the fisher 180 with a 115 mercury 4 stroke back in July of 2007. In 2008 i put 120 hours on the motor and if something don't change this year  i will put that much or more on it. the only thing that i have done to the boat other than fish is to get the engine serviced once a year. fisher makes a good boat at a good price.

cinchup73

I have a 85 fisher with a 25hp merc that still runs like a top, had to do a little transome work on her but she gps at 35 with me in her.
I love her as a ricer boat, I fish tournaments out of a nitro, so I wont put that boat in our stump strewn river. I dont think you can get a better stump jumper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Take a kid fishing, and make them fishers of men-and women to!