Lake Oroville Bass Fishing Reports

Started by MotherNature, June 27, 2004, 06:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotherNature

This was our original Home Lake! Just wondering if anything is going on these days.....

Laurie

.·´¯`·.><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

10 percent

Hello I am new to the bass reports  and would like to speak to anyone that can give me a tip on fishing lake oroville, I love the lake, fish it all the time with some sucess can anyone tell me a secret,a honey hole or about a lure
that works more often than not  open replys welcome,from all fellow fiser people       thanks mr 10%                                             5~xyz

Mike Cork

Right now a rip bait (rattling rouge) in a clown color will produce very well. It's been so long I can't remember the names of the pockets but, one place for sure is the very back of the west branch. The last 1/2 of the north fork is very productive as well.

Back on the main lake if you draw a line straight from the damn towards the bridge that takes you up into the middle folk, just before the bridge there is a large bay to your left, this is an awesome area in the spring :-*

Slow rolling a white spinner bait can be a good producer as well ;)

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

bassman28

I agree with all Mike says and would like to add that a white Lucky Craft pointer is a good ripper. For plastics try a 4 inch Roboworm in the Warmouth color.  I love to fish Oroville with those ferocious Spots in there.  Although I fished a Tourny there in Feb and caught more of those salmon planters than bass  lo
Fish Hard
Terry

Mike Cork

I forgot about the salmon  :roll2: they like them rouges too :bang

Cork's Reel Service

bassman28

yeah they were eating my pointers and my drophoted Roboworm.  It was getting a little frustrating since I was in a BASS tournament and not a SALMON tourny :bang  It was still quite interesting to see teh sizes of some of those salmon.  Apparently since the planted them 9 months a go or so they have just thrived.
Fish Hard
Terry

Mike Cork

I didn't know they planted more, the ones we used to catch were left overs from when it was damn up. As far as I know they didn't plant them back in the 90's when I used to fish it. They must have though cause in the spring you would catch plenty of them.

Cork's Reel Service

nitro rider

I'm local and can say Oroville is on fire, in fact last week a LM 13+ pounds was weighed and released.  I did a tourney there in March and the winning weight was 25 lbs.  Not bad when you figure 2 years ago a good bag was 10 lbs. or so.
Born-2-Boogie Sport Fishing
Exclusively on Lake Oroville and Lake Shasta