Here's something to try, using a KaRu VibraShock and Minda Lures Spear Worm...

Started by Bass Mafia, March 23, 2009, 08:07:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bass Mafia

Was fooling around with some new baits over the weekend and tried this...

I took a KaRu VibraShock and Spear Worm from Minda Lures, pinched off about 1.5" and turned the worm vertical to give it an intense swimming action...

First cast at My favorite spot...

The action is unbelievable and I ended up catching 4, as the sun went down.. ~c~

GotstaFish

[Please enable JavaScript to see this content]

Dug

In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.

Bass Mafia

Quote from: Dug on March 23, 2009, 09:35:40 AM
Is that a 7 inch Minda Spear?  I got some 4 inchers to try.

Dug

Yep, I tried a 4" first, but it just didn't get the kicking action going and was kinda skinny to fit on the hook...

Joshawa

That trailer looks like it gives your jig some gnarly action, looks like something that defiantly warrants a try. What kind of presentation were you using when you hooked those 4 fish?
-Josh

**2009 UB Fantasy Baseball Champ**

Bass Mafia

When I fish the VibraShock, I burn it, then pause, jerk and repeat... They were hitting on the stop. Ran it about 1 1/2' to 2' deep...

I was using a 7.1:1, mainly to keep it off the bottom, because of the area being loaded with everything imaginable on the bottom...

OCBassman

Sweet Bass BM.  Oh and thanx for helping me feed the baitmonkey some more.  ~b~ ~b~ ~b~   

Joshawa

Quote from: Bass Mafia on March 23, 2009, 11:02:25 AM
When I fish the VibraShock, I burn it, then pause, jerk and repeat... They were hitting on the stop. Ran it about 1 1/2' to 2' deep...

I was using a 7.1:1, mainly to keep it off the bottom, because of the area being loaded with everything imaginable on the bottom...

Well between the vibrating blade and that massive spear tail that bait is sure to get some attention when burned across the water. I really like the profile you created on the bait, I will have to wait until the water gets a little warmer than 32.4 degrees but I think I might be giving that little dandy a shot.
-Josh

**2009 UB Fantasy Baseball Champ**

sillybass

Quote from: Bass Mafia on March 23, 2009, 08:07:25 AM
Was fooling around with some new baits over the weekend and tried this...

I took a KaRu VibraShock and Spear Worm from Minda Lures, pinched off about 1.5" and turned the worm vertical to give it an intense swimming action...

First cast at My favorite spot...

The action is unbelievable and I ended up catching 4, as the sun went down.. ~c~

~shhh ~shhh ~shhh ~b~ ;D

I was going to try this myself just didnt get around to it.

Lipripper

Might just have to give that one a try also BM been looking for some diffrent traillers for my vibershocks  ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Bass Mafia

OK, I never realized how hard it was to hold the camera and running a lure, but here goes it... :embarassed: Not too good, but hopefully, You get a quick glimpse of the action...

This is a short video of the VibraShock and the Minda Spear Worm Trailer...

GotstaFish

[Please enable JavaScript to see this content]

-Shawn-

That is freaking Sweet!!!  I see john getting an order from me very soon!!

Bass Mafia

Maybe I can get a better shot with Kelly or the Boy, Saturday... Yoou should see what it does, when I rip it... friggin awesome... ;D ~c~

Buzbait88

that thing looks sweet.  I think I'm going to have to get some of those  ~c~
THE VIBRASHOCK IS BACK!!
KaRu Lures
KaRu Facebook

Bass Mafia

Nah, the 7" with about 1 1/2" pinched off the front... The 4" is too small and doesn't give it the kick. ;)

Lipripper

Looks good BM concedering you shot it by yourself  ~c~ ~c~ Let's see did eye send you my Address so you could send me a couple of them to try out  ~roflmao ~roflmao

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

minda lures

I have a 5.5" version coming out in a few months. It will be the ultimate trailer and a machine when teamed up with a 1/4oz jig....Look-out walleyes! and small-lips!!!! Drop-shot KING!

Bass Mafia

lo Like I told Ya on the phone, let Me know when and You'll be getting the order... ;) ;D

Dug

Quote from: minda lures on March 26, 2009, 09:39:47 PM
I have a 5.5" version coming out in a few months. It will be the ultimate trailer and a machine when teamed up with a 1/4oz jig....Look-out walleyes! and small-lips!!!! Drop-shot KING!

Well hurry up John, our northern season will be more than half over!!

;D

Dug
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.

AJ

Quote from: minda lures on March 26, 2009, 09:39:47 PM

'eyes??? wyoming??? AJJJJJJJJJJJJJ????? helloooooooooo lol dont forget your lil buddy up north Big John!!!!  lol

Bassburner15

Hmmmm... That is one trailer that I did not try.I think I tried just about every trailer and color I could think of.For some reason those vibraspins and vibra shocks don't do squat for me. I spent hours trining to get a bite off one of them.

There is this one creek that I fish the bank all the time.Every time I work that bank down the creek I will pull bass from it on a Strike King perfect skirt spinner bait.That is the 1st creek I'll hit on tournament day.So one day I put on a vibraspin and went all the way down the bank and than back up again.Not one hit. So I trolled back up and switched to the Srike King spinner bait and went down one time and took a 3.8,4.2,and a 2.4 bass from there.

For some rerason I just have no luck with the Karu stuff.Some guys swear on them.I will try that Minda trailer idea before I dump them.Just my 2.

Dug

Quote from: Bassburner15 on April 07, 2009, 06:02:08 PM
Hmmmm... That is one trailer that I did not try.I think I tried just about every trailer and color I could think of.For some reason those vibraspins and vibra shocks don't do squat for me. I spent hours trining to get a bite off one of them.

There is this one creek that I fish the bank all the time.Every time I work that bank down the creek I will pull bass from it on a Strike King perfect skirt spinner bait.That is the 1st creek I'll hit on tournament day.So one day I put on a vibraspin and went all the way down the bank and than back up again.Not one hit. So I trolled back up and switched to the Srike King spinner bait and went down one time and took a 3.8,4.2,and a 2.4 bass from there.

For some rerason I just have no luck with the Karu stuff.Some guys swear on them.I will try that Minda trailer idea before I dump them.Just my 2.

Wow with the success I have had with the vibrashock I find this hard to comprehend.  If you are tossing the vibrashock or the vibraspin like a spinner bait, then you are probably fishing them too fast.  Slow it down a little and see if your success doesn't improve.   Personally I have  more luck with the Vshock than the Vspin, but part of that, as with any lure is confidence it what you are throwing.

Dug

Bassburner15

I fish the vibraspin very slow. I just think that it's WAY to heavy to run so shallow.They feel like you are throwing 3oz from your rod. I just can't toss it out there right next to a stump and have a quiet entry.I use my thumb alot for casting and entering the lure softly.On KaRu vibraspins It's so heavy It's hard to get it placed right in there with out a huge splash.Having just one willow blade?Not to much flash going on there.Don't act like schooling bait fish to me.

The paint on them look really good.If the vibraspin was alot smaller,had two blades of some sort,and ran deeper I think it would work alot better.Well for me it would.I have even taken one apart.I cut the wire a little shorter.Put on two willow blades.Bent the wire so it is more on a 45 degree angle and not so wide open.Changed the skirt a little.Just wish I could change the weight of it.All this to get a $6 vibraspin to work for me? To me thats just a $6 peice of nothing.Now I have $100 worth of lures for parts.

Vibrashocks is something I need to fish more.I don't have to much time with them.They do look and feel really good.They have some great action to them also.I need to catch a few with them 1st before I have it on the deck with my top 4 baits.