Kerr Lake Bass Fishing Report

Started by Kal-Kevin, August 21, 2005, 08:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kal-Kevin

This was post by are new friend Reddman I just copied it so other can check it out!
Thanks Reddman

Good day guys/gals.  I'm the new guy here, so I will ease into the site with a weigh in that I watch today.

I don't know who if anyone that fishes the ABA here.  But there was a two day tournament down on Kerr Lake this weekend.  So me and the little girl went down and watched both weigh in's.  The winner weighed in 16+ yesterday and 12+ today.  He won by more than 10 pounds...Water down here is starting to cool off a bit,  mostly in the 82-85 degree range.

Reddman

flippin-fool

Hey guys, I'm trying to get some info on bass fishing Lake Kerr in October. I have a BFL regional there in October. I fish as a non boater but still would like a heads up on what to expect and what patterns to prepare for. Any help would be appreciated. What type of lake is Kerr? Cover types available? Water depth, clarity,and temp in that month ETC.
I live in Florida therefore I am a flippin fool.

bassdaddyo

I haven't fished there personally but I know lots of dude do. Try crappie.com and ask some of the VA board members. There's a few guys who go there frequently and can probably provide the insight you're looking for. Good luck in your tourneys.
shore fishin's better than no fishin.

Jason

absoulutely love kerr. i used to fish the lake at least 1 time a month. it was a pretty good drive from chesapeake when in lived out there. the lake has all kinds of patterns to find. hundreds upon hundreds of rock points, points with stumps, humps, you name it. my 2 best patterns are when the lake floods the willows, flip and pitch tubes into the willows, or spinnerbait right past the trees and hold on. during the summer when the lake drops down, fish the main lake points with carolina rigged lake fork ring frys or baby brushogs in watermelon red.  that is what i like to do on kerr.

bassdad2

check out www.kerlake.info --- go to Kerr/Buggs Island Fishing Report, then scroll down under Fishing Report to Fishing Message Board ---- ALOT of extremely useful information! I just moved down to the area and haven't had a whole lot of time out there, or I'd help you out. There is a forum user that goes under the name "FishDoc"....seems to know the lake inside and out. Pretty good information!

flippin-fool

Is the lake level up in October? Is the water clear or murky?
I live in Florida therefore I am a flippin fool.

topcat

Thanks for the report...good luck the next time out.........

Topcat