Where do you buy the majority of your fishing supplies??

Started by Swede, September 01, 2005, 12:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swede

The internet age is upon us - has it affected where you purchase your fishing equipment/supplies??  I find myself doing more and more business with companies who provide their customers with the ability to purchase online.  I was hesitant at first - I kept telling myself there were too many negatives and just not enough positives in the process.  Crooks/thieves are everywhere and they're getting smarter every day.  I gave in to the risk vs reward theories.  I tried out the process, however reluctantly, and am now comfortable making those purchases I was once afraid to make.  I now conduct about half of my purchases online through various retailers.  The ease of turning on the computer and adding items to my online shopping cart saves a very valuable commodity in my household - time.  I would venture to say that this is the primary reason so many people worldwide do the same thing.  What percentage of your fishing business is done online and why??
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small.
Rascal Flatts

Warpath

Fortunately for me, I live one exit east of the Bass Pro Shops in Cincinnati, OH!!!!  I still purchase most of my supplies there, especially since the store will match online prices and so on.  I rarely buy stuff elsewhere, but I do use Cabelas.com if they have something I can't find at BPS.  I still hit local shops too, especially to pick up hard to find baits.

Eric

bass1cpr

I don't buy online I hae an excellent Tackle shope 20 minutes from my house. It is the best one in southern Illinois. Bluff City Tackle in Alton Illinois. If I cna't find it there it's to Bass Pro shops in St. Charles about 25 minutes from my house.
A fish a day keeps postal away. See fishing is relaxing.  Member B.A.S.S.  Illinois B.A.S.S. Federation Nation