Fish on Beds

Started by tennispro, April 29, 2009, 05:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tennispro

I was out at my brothers pond this afternoon.  We actually saw two fish spawning.  The female was about 4 pounds and the male was about 2.  We caught a nice 4 pounder about 15 yards from the one that was spawning.  It seems kind of early with the water temps only 61* :-\
ProStaff PARASITE WEIGHTS

Buzbait88

I guess it doesn't really surprise me to much.  The water temps at Carlton last sat where a steady 62ish and thats a deep clearer lake.  I would think a small farm pond would be warmer than that, but who knows.  Bass are crazy creatures, never know what they are going to do.
THE VIBRASHOCK IS BACK!!
KaRu Lures
KaRu Facebook

Crigger Craw

Quote from: tennispro on April 29, 2009, 05:42:55 PM
I was out at my brothers pond this afternoon.  We actually saw two fish spawning.  The female was about 4 pounds and the male was about 2.  We caught a nice 4 pounder about 15 yards from the one that was spawning.  It seems kind of early with the water temps only 61* :-\

The fish we caught in our tournament last weekend were already spawned out  ~b~ ~b~ ~b~

Buzbait88

Quote from: Crigger Craw on April 29, 2009, 10:49:41 PM
The fish we caught in our tournament last weekend were already spawned out  ~b~ ~b~ ~b~

Yeah I caught small male a week or so ago that looked awful beat up.
THE VIBRASHOCK IS BACK!!
KaRu Lures
KaRu Facebook

GotstaFish

The main channel is 60* so the backwaters are much warmer especially in the afternoons.