1985 17.5ft Bass Tracker help!

Started by maineBASSer, June 15, 2009, 03:55:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maineBASSer

I am contemplating on buying a '85 17.5ft Bass Tracker boat with a 40hp Mariner outboard for $1000. The guy says the motor runs great and the boat doesn't leak but it needs electrical work done to it. Just wondering if anyone else had electrical problems with their boats and how easy it is to fix? Also wondering how good of a deal it is considering the electrical problem and the fact it has no trolling motor?

here is a pic of the boat.

[attachment deleted by admin]

wvbassangler

Check the compression on the motor if it's good buy it 1000 is nothing to get you chasing bass around I hope you take it out before you buy it. ~fff
Charleston, West Virginia

Olebiker

The wiring on this boat is very rudimentary and, if you have any electrical skills, you should be able to rewire the whole boat yourself.

You can buy a Minn Kota Edge 40# trolling motor for about $350.  It will handle this boat just fine.  I used one on my 1984 Bass Tracker Tournament TX until last week.

I would say go for it.

JayPea2006

I had a TX17 and had problems with rivets popping loose, but think that may have been from running the boat in brackish water. If the motor checks out, 1k is a great deal.