Mann's Super Frog to The Rescue!

Started by ex301p, June 18, 2009, 04:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ex301p

FINALLY! I Finally got a 4lber to hit today in the pond. Been catching a ton of 2lber's from the pond on Scum Frogs and Spro Poppers, but unlike last year, the bigger fish are harder to come by this year. Been getting a few 4 and 5lb bass at the lakes, but the pond has been on the small side this season so far.

After a few small ones on the Spro popper I said what the heck and switched to my old Mann's Super Frog  in Poison Dart Color and fished it a bit different then before. At the pond the shoreline is trees upon trees upon trees and you can only fish it from shore. Well just for kicks I decided to see if I stand back a little if I could possible make a cast between the branches and into the water. First try, frog into tree and backlash city, but on the second try the frog hit the water. It was to tight to walk the frog so I just gave it a few jerks here and there and just before it got to shore, bam! 4lber on the line. I repeated this in several spots on the pond and got a few more smaller ones, but its about dang time a 4lber came to play. I can't say if the popper would or would not have got the strike, but the Mann's proved once again that even though something new comes along, the old still kicks bass booty.

Will add a couple pictures once I figure out how to get the pic's off my cell phone and onto the pc. My son has the thingy ma bob you need to do that with, so I am waiting for him to get home. Man do I ever miss my digital camera that I wrecked dropping it into the pond a couple weeks back. The mean old wife will not let me take hers to the pond. Gee whiz, a guy drops one camera in 20 years and he gets grounded. LOL

Lipripper

dang eye'm going to have to come up and fish that pond  ~bb ~bb Oh there is a way to get them pictures off you cell phone but not sure if eye could explane it just right. you can e-mail it to yourself then go on your regular computer and download it the regullar way ;D FROGS <<<FROGS and a 4lber  :'( :'( Eye'll be up there this weekend to catch me one  ~roflmao ~roflmao

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

ex301p

Hum, how do you e-mail from a cell phone? I can't believe I am asking such, I know a ton about pc's but man when it come's to cell phones and such I am lost. I don't have internet on my cell so I am guessing I can't do it?

I did get the pic's but once again I screwed up and had the phone set to small photo size of which is like thumbnail size. That's the problem with catching a nice bass, you get in a hurry because you want to get him back in the water asap. So guess what I did tonight, yeap studied how to take pic's with this dang phone at a size you can see. I think my dog is about to bite me for he was my test subject. LOL

Come on out any time Lip. I can't promise a 4lber for like I said this is the first one this year from the pond, but last year I had several 4 to 6lber's on the Frog and Jig & Craw by this time of year and missed one that I know had to be close to 9 or 10, lost him right at shore, GRRRRRRR!. I am hoping this heat wave we got coming get's them monsters in gear. Most fish are coming over submerged weeds, but if we can get some sun and heat going I think, or at least I am hoping, it pushes them into the thick stuff.  Right now I think the monsters moved out after the spawn and have not returned yet. But give us some sun and heat and they should finally move into the thick stuff for the summer. There not even holding on wood yet there. There's several fallen trees that always have some bass, but the big girls just have not moved in yet. Hopefully this bass was a sign of things to come.

Oh, be prepared to be picking that dang cotton off your line all day long. Man I hate cotton wood trees. Braid is like a magnet with this stuff.  The Chain Of Lakes is the same dang way right now to. Cotton belongs in a field and in my T-Shirts, not a tree and NOT IN MY POND!!! HEHE

Lipripper

eye hear you on that summer snow ( dang cotton seed)  ~rant ~rant it's not so bad on a spinning rig but on a baitcaster  :'( :'( It's hard to fish a bait caster when you got to stop and pick that stuff off your line at least 15 time on one cast  ~shade  ~xyz ~xyz That's not so bad if your fishing senkos but any baits you need to keep moving forget it  ::)
It don't have to be a 4lber any ol Bass will do  ;D Going to send you a PM to see what we can work out  ;) beside eye have to show you how to catch a Bass on a senko  ~roflmao ~roflmao

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Dunham Fisher

Just somethin' about Mann' baits!  I like the Super Frog, the Phat Frog, the Waker, Baby-1 Minus, and of course the Jelly Worm in scuppernong. 

ex301p

Quote from: Dunham Fisher on June 19, 2009, 12:30:52 PM
Just somethin' about Mann' baits!  I like the Super Frog, the Phat Frog, the Waker, Baby-1 Minus, and of course the Jelly Worm in scuppernong.  

Mann's does make some great stuff and reasonably priced to. I absolutely love these companies that have been around forever for no matter what bait it is, they have something just as good, if not better at a much better price. Another great thing about Mann's is once you find something you like it will still be there tomorrow, unlike some companies that discontinue something because they claim they have a new and improved to replace it. I say don't replace it but add to list and give the customer teh choice, but what do I know. I said it before and I will say it again, I will put up my Mann's, Cordel and Bomber crankbaits up againest any 20 dollar crankbait any day of the week. And that Jelly worm is still kicking bass after all these years.

I do love the Spro Frogs also, especially the new popper of which if it could say I do I would dump my wife and marry it LOL, but there's no way you can make me believe it cost any more to make then the Mann's Super Frog, yet Spro really sticks it to you, but I do like them so I do buy them also. I wont be buying any 20 dollar crankbaits anytime soon, but what can I say, I am a sucker for a good frog.

Replied to the pm Lippy. Sounds good to me.