Next UBCS???

Started by Russ199A, July 23, 2009, 08:07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ199A

Just wondering when the next one will be (month) we had better be looking at getting some cabins at the six month mark or so. Plus, has it been decided WHERE it will be held?
Yeah, I'm ready for some more southern cookin!!!  :food
2014, 2016 & 2017 TCTC AOY - With a little help from the man upstairs!

Jared LeBlue

Russ we were kind of waiting on meeting with Mike and Laurie. I was planning on having them over the 1st week in August but I'm not sure if they are going to be able to make it. We will decide on a location and a date at our August meeting on August 5th. Cabins are always a major issue and that is why we are going to make a decision in a couple of weeks. One of the things that we have to consider is participation. We want the maximum from both clubs so the location will be very important.
Ardent Prostaff

Mike Cork

Jared we are not going to make the 5th   :'( the grandbaby has waxed our funds, high chair, car seat, crib and her first birthday today (cakes, party favors, food, and gifts) it's just turned out to be very expensive! Man they rape you for having a kid, the car seats just floored me...

Anyway back on topic, I have polled my guys and unfortunately we will not have a great turn out if we go to the calcasue (sp). A major issue is time off work. Our military guys can plan time off and most times get it unless a deployment or exersize comes up. And our other members work Saturdays and can usually pull a day or two off. If you remember we had several members that didn't make it to Toledo until Friday night, so to have to go to lake Charles or just north of it would be just to much.

Unfortunately we just won't be able to get that great of particapation down there! Laurie and I would a couple others but it would be small. Everyone in TCTC when asked really wants Toledo again, grand bayou came up but that puts the drive off on you all.

It's your turn to host pick a place and we'll do or beat to get everyone there!

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Railroader

Im sure it would be too much, but i would like to see a Spring and Fall get together? once just doesnt seem to be enough? lol

bassadict69

Darn! I was kind of looking forward & hoping for the Calcasieu in 2010! Oh well, it is always a blast whereever it is held.

Timing will be the major factor for me. With me being in clinicals next year, I am hoping it falls during a break!

BIG PAPA

Trey and I are going to do our best to attend this one wherever it is. ~gf

BIG PAPA

Jared LeBlue

We were already leaning further away from the Calcasieu. We kind of figured TCTC would have a lower turn out but also when planning ahead like this it's hard to say what the river stage will be like. We may try to put something together on the Calcasieu and get a few of yall down here but it won't be for a UBCS. Right now it is looking more and more like Toledo Bend. One of our guys talked to a lady at Grand Bayou and it doesn't look like there will be any cabins available in the spring for the next couple of years. :shocking: Like I said I will know for sure August 5th when we have our meeting. I promise we will have a location and date set and posted on the 5th.

Quote from: Mike on July 23, 2009, 08:55:13 AM
Jared we are not going to make the 5th   :'( the grandbaby has waxed our funds, high chair, car seat, crib and her first birthday today (cakes, party favors, food, and gifts) it's just turned out to be very expensive! Man they rape you for having a kid, the car seats just floored me...

I use to think babies were expensive too until mine grew up a little. My kids are eating me out of house and home. Then there's school. :'(  Crap they will $5 you death in grade school.
Ardent Prostaff

Ron Fogelson

Quote from: Rattle on July 23, 2009, 01:24:49 PM
I use to think babies were expensive too until mine grew up a little. My kids are eating me out of house and home. Then there's school. :'(  Crap they will $5 you death in grade school.

It would be funny if it wasn't so true!  ~roflmao

Ok RedNeck you pick the spot and I'll do my best to be there.

Next year we should do a Walleye tournament in May on Lake of the Woods   :-*

Mike Cork

Wait till they move out and $100 dollar you to death, then the multiply and move home  ~rant

Cork's Reel Service

Jared LeBlue

Quote from: Mike on July 23, 2009, 09:04:47 PM
Wait till they move out and $100 dollar you to death, then the multiply and move home  ~rant
That just sucks right there. ~roflmao
Ardent Prostaff

BIG PAPA

I am not trying to one up you guys but $5 and $100 I'll just say I wish lo
Had um move back home, had their kids move back home, Heck had the granddaughter in law and great grandchild move in and both were going to Nursing school without jobs. But it's all good would not have had it any other way ~sun

BIG PAPA

Let fish all day Sun.
And lets have one in Oct. and one in March or April :-*

Chris

Quote from: Railroader on July 23, 2009, 09:11:55 AM
Im sure it would be too much, but i would like to see a Spring and Fall get together? once just doesnt seem to be enough? lol

I have always thought the same thing. I emailed Rattle a couple of months ago telling him we should have another get together this fall.

Mike Cork

I have been approached by several members wanting to do a rally on the red river again this fall. There are no hard plans but thought I would mention it here. Rattle any of your boys interested?

Cork's Reel Service

Ron Fogelson

Shawn when are you guys coming in Oct?

Jared LeBlue

Quote from: Mike on July 24, 2009, 07:40:50 AM
I have been approached by several members wanting to do a rally on the red river again this fall. There are no hard plans but thought I would mention it here. Rattle any of your boys interested?

I can let them know and see if they are interested. Most the guys in my club are in full hunt mode by October so it may be a stretch but I will see.
Ardent Prostaff

Jared LeBlue

Quote from: Chris on July 24, 2009, 05:52:10 AM
I have always thought the same thing. I emailed Rattle a couple of months ago telling him we should have another get together this fall.

To be honest a fall get together would probably be small from our end. Most of the guys in my club get into hunting come September and that's pretty much it for their fishing until January. Myself and couple of other members still fish in the fall but like I said most of the others trade out their rods for their guns in the fall.  Now a spring and summer get together may work. Do one very early spring and one late summer.  :-*
Ardent Prostaff

crash

Quote from: Fogy on July 24, 2009, 07:47:50 AM
Shawn when are you guys coming in Oct?

Sometime around the 2nd or 3rd weekend ????  How does this sound? 

Wildcat26

Shannon T an myself have both fished the UBCS  several times. Both of us are now members of Southwest Bassmasters. We have discussed in club meetings entering the 2010 Shootout as a club. It remains to be seen how much participation we will get but maybe we can start firming up commitments once a date is set.

That is assuming you guys got the rocks to let another club participate.

Mike Cork

Quote from: crash on July 25, 2009, 08:36:44 AM
Sometime around the 2nd or 3rd weekend ????  How does this sound? 

sounds good to me Crash!!

Wildcat, will your club continue to play in comming years?

Cork's Reel Service

Wildcat26

If the win is to easy they may feel like it is not enough of a challange to return.

Mike Cork

Thats the point..... With a big IF you should win, you have to come back the next year with the trophy.

Cork's Reel Service

Jared LeBlue

Quote from: Wildcat26 on July 28, 2009, 08:50:37 AM
If the win is to easy they may feel like it is not enough of a challange to return.

oh brother  ::). I'm gonna have to spend an extra $80 on this one. I'll have to go buy a pair of chest waders. Hip waders wont be high enough to protect me from that bull$#^+.
Ardent Prostaff

cmegee

Quote from: Mike on July 23, 2009, 09:04:47 PM

Gee now I got that to look forward to as well..... lo lo