Rims

Started by dartman, July 30, 2009, 02:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dartman

I'd like to replace my old 1994 Stratos rims (rust).  Original or something else (non painted), aluminum. Where's a good place to look and do they have to be trailer specific? Thanks.
"I'd rather be governed by the first 300 names in the Boston phone book than anyone from Harvard"
William F. Buckley

Jdaddy

Check your inbox, i sent you a link to a great company who has large variety of tires/rims and prices.

Good luck.

dartman

"I'd rather be governed by the first 300 names in the Boston phone book than anyone from Harvard"
William F. Buckley

Bane

Quote from: dartman on July 30, 2009, 02:23:21 PM
do they have to be trailer specific? Thanks.

I wouldnt think so as long as you have the correct size, offset and backspacing for the wheels.

dartman

Size, gotcha. Offset, backspacing :help:
William F. Buckley

Bane

let me try an dig up some diagrams for ya ;)

Bane

Offset:
The offset of a wheel is the distance from the hub mounting surface to the centerline of the wheel.

Backspacing:
Backspacing is distance from the back edge of a wheel rim to the back of the center section. Measured in inches, backspacing is closely related to offset. This measurement is important because it determines the clearance of the wheel in the well, and the amount the wheel will stick out.

Hope this helps.

dartman

Thank you very much.
William F. Buckley