Midwest UB rally.

Started by Buzbait88, July 30, 2009, 06:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EricBev

Yeah I figured I would get up there early Saturday and fish, stay the night, get up and fish all day sunday, and then drive home sunday night.  I know I will be really tired but its no thing.  Well see how the fishing goes.

Anybody know what we need as far as fishing licenses go?  Wisconsin? Iowa?

CaptainMo

Quote from: EricBev on August 19, 2009, 12:33:30 PM

Either one will work as far as I know...
Minda Lures
CrankinCracker Custom Paints
HawgPours

tennispro

Quote from: EricBev on August 19, 2009, 12:33:30 PM

Yeah you can get a Wisconsin or an Iowa license.  I got my Iowa on the net, because a 3 day Iowa NR license is cheeper then the 4 day Wisconsin NR. 

Nate are we going to use the ramp that I talked about??  What about time, I am game for what ever you guys want to do.  I just tossed 6am out there for a time.
ProStaff PARASITE WEIGHTS

tennispro

Also Yahoo Maps said it is 31 miles from Prairie to Lansing.  So I will plan on it taking me 45 min to get there Sunday morning. 

I am so pumped I have spent the last two days getting goose and teal decoys ready.  And the blind put on my boat lo  This will be my last weekend of bass fishing for the most part.  I might just take a rod or two with me teal hunting ;)

GotstaFish

Looks like I am going to head up Saturday after work if all goes as planned. Waiting to see what Rudy is going to do for a hotel. I'll have to leave sunday evening though in order to make it to work Monday morning  ~xyz
[Please enable JavaScript to see this content]

Buzbait88

Actually what I was kind of thinking is we fish from like 6 or whenever to 12 and then we all get together at a restraunt and have a good time BS'ing over a good dinner and then head back out fishing.  I think it will be fun, even though I already know most everybody, to sit down and put a face to the name.

Jeremy I'm not sure what ramp your talking about.  is it near Desoto?  The only ramp I see near lansing is just south of it, and it is in a little backwater slough and you drive out under the river road bridge.  at least it looks like a boat ramp.  lo

I actually might head up sometime sat morning,  I don't really want to pay for another night at a hotel, but like Karl I might just head home late sun night cause I might have to work mon morning.  I'm kind of waiting to hear where Rudy is staying as well and try to stay there.
THE VIBRASHOCK IS BACK!!
KaRu Lures
KaRu Facebook

EricBev

Yeah I talked to a Pro fishermen I know that works at the Local Ranger dealer today after picking up a few small things and he gave me a good rundown of what to expect up there.  He has fished many a tournaments up there and said that the Village Creek Ramp is very nice.  So that or Big Slough is fine with me.  The village creek ramp is just south of town and has a TON of parking.  Pic below....

I dont much care what time we get up either.  Sunrise is fine with me.  That more fishing we can squeeze into the day the better.

Buzbait88

Quote from: EricBev on August 19, 2009, 03:42:17 PM

THe bottom one is the one I saw on google earth.  Spotted it from a mile away.  lo yeah it has a ton of parking.  Next year with some experience under out belts and hopefully this won't go to the last minute.  lo  I'm fishing sat probably and then I'm going to say that we all meet up as early as possible at the designated ramp and go fishing, plan on meeting back at 12 for lunch and then we can head back out.  What might be cool for the bragging rights is a total weight from 6-12 and then from 1-8 or whatever.  Weigh the fish both times and add it up at the end of the day.  I'll pull my boat up, cause I don't care if I have to fish alone and ex301p can go with Jeremy or vice versa.  Hopefully I get payed for this job I'm doing, I could use the money.  lo
THE VIBRASHOCK IS BACK!!
KaRu Lures
KaRu Facebook

tennispro

The one at the top is the one I was talking about.  From what I have heard the other ramp gets alot of use from tournaments. 

I really don't care about fishing times, but if most of us are driving home that night we might not want to fish till 8.  But that is up to you guys, cause I don't care either way ;D

EricBev

Yeah I was thinking of grabbing an early lunch like 11 and then going back out for another 4-5 hours and leaving around 6 or so.  Since I will probably have a good amount of time on the water on saturday it wont bug me too much to head back home a little earlier.

Lipripper

Yelp next year we need to start working on this early so we can plan it and mor eof us can get together  ~beer~

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

kickinbass

There is nothing more then i would like to do then make this outing and meet up with you all.  But because last month having to spend so much money flying back and forth to Florida because my mom was dying and work being so slow I just cant make it happen this year. Hopefully next year. Have fun and take lots of pics for me. I am sure you all will have a great time!

Lipripper

Quote from: kickinbass on August 19, 2009, 09:26:55 PM
There is nothing more then i would like to do then make this outing and meet up with you all.  But because last month having to spend so much money flying back and forth to Florida because my mom was dying and work being so slow I just cant make it happen this year. Hopefully next year. Have fun and take lots of pics for me. I am sure you all will have a great time!
Don sorry to hear about your mom.

Ron Fogelson

Quote from: Lipripper on August 20, 2009, 11:41:49 AM
Don sorry to hear about your mom.

I'm with Lip on this and just sorry to hear about your Mom,

ex301p

Don I to am sorry to hear about your Mom.

As for the trip looks like I will not be attending. A good friend of my wifes from work passed away and I will be going with her to the Wake and such.  Hopefully next time guys.

Buzbait88

Quote from: ex301p on August 20, 2009, 06:16:20 PM
Don I to am sorry to hear about your Mom.

As for the trip looks like I will not be attending. A good friend of my wifes from work passed away and I will be going with her to the Wake and such.  Hopefully next time guys.

Sorry to hear that.  Well it sounds like as of right now, we have.  Ericbev, his dad, Karl and Stan (or steve can't remember lo), Rudy, myself, Jeremy.  Rudy is picking me up possibly fri night to head up there and Karl I think is coming sat night.  We are still an odd person out.  Jeremy I already made plans to fish with rudy since Mike Christian isn't coming along so, if you have a friend that wants to come along he is more than welcome to join.
THE VIBRASHOCK IS BACK!!
KaRu Lures
KaRu Facebook

Lipripper

We are going to have to start planing the one for next year sooner so we can work it into our schedules ahead of time  lo lo

tennispro

Nate did we decide on a ramp and time yet??  Because I am staying in PDC and need to know what time I have to get up and leave. 

Buzbait88

I'm thinking we are going to use the ramp right below lansing and I'd say we could meet there at 6 on sun.  If anyone has a problem with 6 let me know, but I believe that is sunrise.  There is probably going to be a tournament there, but the ramp and parking lot is huge.
THE VIBRASHOCK IS BACK!!
KaRu Lures
KaRu Facebook

EricBev

6 is fine with me.  You just guessing there will be a tourny?  Or did you hear there might be?  I sure hope not.  A tournament up there probably consists of a TON of boats.  Anyways, Im packed up and ready to go.  Well be leaving here at like 4:30AM.  Everybody have a safe drive and well see you there!

Buzbait88

Quote from: EricBev on August 21, 2009, 07:23:09 PM
6 is fine with me.  You just guessing there will be a tourny?  Or did you hear there might be?  I sure hope not.  A tournament up there probably consists of a TON of boats.  Anyways, Im packed up and ready to go.  Well be leaving here at like 4:30AM.  Everybody have a safe drive and well see you there!

I'm just assuming there will be one.  If there is to many boats there is another ramp just across the bridge, but we can plan on meeting there.
THE VIBRASHOCK IS BACK!!
KaRu Lures
KaRu Facebook

tennispro

I know there are a few tournaments out of pool 10.  So a few boats will lock up and be fishing the lower end of pool 9.  I don't know if any big tournaments are out of pool 9.

It will be late when I get into to town, so all you guys have fun fishing on Saturday.  Make sure you all find the fish, because I plan of sacking 5 fish for about 16 pounds ;)

Buzbait88

we've already got all the secret spots marked jeremy.  From the pro's  lo your PM box is full, so I'll tell you here that we are staying at the microtel inn in prairie du chien.  There has been a change in ramps to.  Karl, Rudy and I talked tonight and I think we decided to use the lynxville ramp.
THE VIBRASHOCK IS BACK!!
KaRu Lures
KaRu Facebook

EricBev

We need to confirm an official ramp for Sunday morning so people arent scattered amongst the northern hemisphere lol.

Buzbait88

ok...officially it will be the lynxville ramp at 6.  8)
THE VIBRASHOCK IS BACK!!
KaRu Lures
KaRu Facebook