New Resident of LA from Al

Started by Barry, October 03, 2005, 08:27:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry

Hello All. I am from Alabama and need some fishing help here in La. I now live in Grand Cane and fish from a 18' Stratos Bass boat. Where can I take my wife to catch some good bass and crappie...?  We fished Red River Saturday Oct.1st for about 3 hours. We caught 5 bass...three were 13" two were under 12". We launched at Stoner road. It was our first time on the water here.

OHbassaholic

Welcome to UltimateBass.com, Barry.  You are in for a treat seeing as there are a mess of members here from LA.  Stand by, they will flood this thread before too long.

Lipripper

Welcome again Barry and OHIO is right we have several members from down yonder and they will be more that glad to give you soem information.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

bassadict69

Welcome to the area Barry!  If I was doing a little better myself I would gladly help ya out. Some of the others will be by shortly...Any specific lakes you are planning to fish?

You might also browse through the Louisiana Lake fishing reports for each lake...Lots of good stuff found there also!

KennyP

Welcome Barry, There is a lot of info here on the site. The river is my favorite place to fish around here. Most of my bass fishing is done down around Lock and Damn number 5. It is tough fishing down there this time of year with all the tournaments through the summer. I try to hit the different oxbows where I can find lay downs for cover and grass. Wind or a little currant helps too. I do not do a lot of crappie fishing but I have had some luck on cypress. Some of the other guys can help you a lot more with that than I can. I have a Pro Craft 185 and I am down on the river a lot. If I see you down there, I will be happy to show you around some. I am planning on going Monday if I do not have to work. Welcome to the site.
Sit Down, Shut Up, and Hang On....We Gone Fishin'

ronalddipietro

More WELCOME...Glad your here..
Sounds like you did ok...Toledo Bend is the place to be...Did you do red fishing in AL?
Lets Go Fishing

Rickoos

Hi Barry,

Welcome buddy,  what part of Ala. are you from? I lived & fished lower Ala for many years before moving here to Lafayette, La.

Ricky
sponsors:
American Bass Angler Pro Staff, R & M Tackle, K & M Custom Rods, Secret Weapon Lures,Vicious Fishing Tournament Team, Driftwood Lures,  Fish Hedz/Save Phace,

BIG PAPA

Hey Berry, glad to have you.
My suggestion would first be to check out the reports on different lakes. Then ask for specific questions about lakes that you might want to fish. for instance there was a good report on Crappie fishing this week on Grand Bayou which is not that far from you, also it is a very good fall and winter Bass lake. The River of course can be an excellent fishery for most species, Catfish,Crappie,Bass and bream in the warmer months.
Cross lake is also a top catfish lake and can be a pretty good bass lake especially in the fall and spring. We have so many guys fishing different lakes for different species that you should be able to find anything you want. So do not hesitate to ask and we will try to help.

papa ~c~