New Minnesota State Record Largemouth

Started by Swede, October 05, 2005, 12:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swede

In today's Star and Tribune paper's outdoor's section it an article called "No whoppers to land this lunker".  You can read the article for yourself via the link below -

http://www.startribune.com/stories/767/5649805.html
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small.
Rascal Flatts

Lipripper

Wonder if they are going to use a  And ......... the NASA calibrated fish scale  lo lo ;)

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Fishaholic

When I lived in Arizona, someone tried to claim a new SR bass there, and according to the scales it was!... :roll2: but under further examination and seeing some inconsistencies among the "so-called" witnesses, they found the fish to have 4 pounds of lead weights in its belly...

Where's the ethics when it comes to State Record fish?

Swede

This guy is a local pro - I think he would be risking his fishing career and a good wood shed beating if he were untruthful.  I think this is the real deal here - but I've been surprised many times before. :shocking:
Rascal Flatts

Fishaholic

I've read articles in the Bassmaster mag that inferred that unethical measures of this sort sometime happen...still...and no offense to all the tourney fishermen here, but some tourney fisherman aren't as ethical as others too.

Lipripper

You can say that agsin Fish I've heard stories about passed fish in some Crappie tourn's.

Swede

You have a point there Fish - but we don't tell an outright lie in Minnesota.  We travel across the border to Packer Country to do that!!! lo lo lo
Rascal Flatts

left_turn56

Man, as much as I would love to have a record like that it would not mean much if it was not done fair!!

Where are we going...and why are we in this hand basket???

Lipripper

Right on left_turn wouldn't mean nothing at all  >:(

Swede

Must be the day I find the big fish reports - check out the Florida Reports.
Rascal Flatts