98 Ranger R73

Started by jternest, October 09, 2009, 08:49:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jternest

I have a 98 Ranger R73 that has a mercury 115 on it and all I can get out of it is 45 MPH @ 4600 RPM WOT with two people and a full load. The boat runs at altitudes over 5,000 feet all the time. The current prop is a Ballistic 21 pitch 3 blade, anyone know what I should expect by going to a 19 pitch 3 blade? Also, how much would a jackplate help the top end. I would like to see 50 out of it if possible.

Thanks,
John

larrylargemouth

Welcome to Ultimate Bass John. I see you have found the Ranger Boat board so I hope one of UB's many Ranger owners can help with your question. If you need help with anything else, just mention it and we'll take care of it right away. Enjoy the forum and jump right in wherever you can.

jternest

Thanks,
Great Forum, I will probably be spending some time on UB now that it is snowing here in CO.
John

Mike Noble

Welcome John to UltimateBass.com.  Can't think of any better use of down time while it snows than spending time on the forum, discussing bass fishing with other members.  Let us know if we can help.
Life is a B........each!

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - e-reader

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - paperback

Ask me about PROTANDIM

Mike Cork

jternest, welcome to the site. I see Larrylargemouth has you pointed in the right direction to get some more info on your boat. Several Ranger Owners floating around here.

I'd also like to introduce you to the Colorado Fishing Reports Board. Several folks from your neck of the woods posting there as well. Make sure to slip your fishing reports in when you can. The more folks posting will draw even more in. Haven't been many fishing reports in there since the summer, so jump in with some of your fall fishing and let us know how your doing or has been. Hopefully your not getting to much snow yet :o

Colorado Fishing Reports

Again Welcome to the site and we look forward to chatting with you over the winter :toot:

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service