1 Month To Go

Started by Beagle, December 14, 2009, 05:46:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Railroader

Quote from: e-tec_monk on December 27, 2009, 06:26:34 PM
looking forward to the jan 16 hosston tourney; this will be my first bass club to join, so the payouts doesn't really matter to me personally. I'm more interested in learning about the different lakes and fishing techniques from different fishermen. you all sound like knowledgeable  people and looking forward to meeting yall.

steven
lo now thats funny..

caddobass

I have not done any club fishing in many years and I know John & myself are going to enjoy this alot. I know most of us shop & dine at our favorite sporting stores & restaurants, the next time you stop by ask if they would be willing to offer a little gift certificate to be given away at our tournament. These could add to a few more places. Also that is a pretty good pay chart FishinSteelersFan posted. See everyone on the 16th and Paul you are doing a great job with Broke Sticks. As many have said before I'm good with any way you want to go with things.
12.30 lb. LMB my best, B.A.S.S. Lifetime Member 1972

TheDice

This will also be my first time fishing in  a club.

Having said that, i have never been to Black Bayou Hosston..

Anyone want to show me around the lake?? :-\ :-\

i have heard it is a shallow lake, i just want to make sure i know where and where not to run the boat!!

Also when are all the payments etc...due?
"Presentation of the Lure my Boy"

Isaiah 41:10

Todd

Paul, one of us need to go to the bank and get a money bag. Im just reminding you because I will forget!!!

Railroader

Im going sunday to pre-fish for another club if you want to meet? its a boat row lake, if you get off the boat row shut it down.

TheDice

Are you going sunday morning?

Let me know what time you are going, and i will see if i can get away.
Thanks alot

caddobass

Dice it is a small shallow lake with one marked boat road right up the middle of the lake. If you follow the boat road which goes pretty much east to west you will come to some deeper water (a bayou). That is just about all there is, a shallow grassy lake and the bayou. Only run on plane in the boat lane, when off the boat lane trim your motor up a bit and slow idle. The ramp everyone goes out of is at the Dam off of highway 2 near Hosston. There is another small park & ramp off of highway 1 on Myrtis just south of Rodessa if you want to put in up in the bayou and not make the run in cold weather. It is not all that far of a run to worry about, most just use the ramp off highway 2. Hope this helps

Beagle

EVERY ONE PLEASE READ. I SCREWED UP.
When I first started this club, I forgot that I wanted a $20 bill to cover the whole tourney. Remember, we're BROKE STICKS. I posted $20 entry and $5 BB the other day. Sorry bout that. A $20 bill covers the tourneys. $15 entry and $5/BB. Sorry for the mix up guys. But, there is also a $15/year entry fee per team. This means the first tourney on Hosston will be $35. This yearly fee is going for some scales this year. If this works out, it will go to the championship in following years. Thats my thinking anyway. Again, sorry for the mix up.
Please, no cr@p about the low entry fee's. We really want you to join and fish with us but, there's plenty of other clubs with much bigger payouts. I've really worked hard not to conflict with our tournament dates so you can fish those also.

Nutt

You wont be getting any crap from us.  Its your club, and my team is going to fish it regardless of what the payouts are.  Looking to have alot of fun and meet new people, and hopefully catch some fish and learn a few things. 
Doctor says I should stay away from other people.

Todd

Hey guys, Paul said something about giving away his Lil Red Express to the Angler of the Year. I don't know what thats all about, you will have to ask him.  ;D

Railroader

I should be at the ramp by 0900 -0930 I have a friend going but dont mind showing ya around. just remember marker 13 is a sharp turn to the right, marker 19 is a turn to the left keep that in mind if go out by yourself..Im in red skeeter if you see me out..Name is Brian.

Mr. bigmouth

awsome Paul ,I thought thats what you had said before about 15$ e.f. and 5$ bb.
Another club for us poor guys like me lol...Now im getting excited to get my a-- kicked in a couple of weeks.If anybody has the urge to donate to the pay for Jerry to fish Ill give ya my email lo
By the way do we know when we will launch out for the first tourney yet....?

Jerry
92 Procraft 170 Pro / Mercury 115

Beagle

Safe light for start time. You need to be off plane at the launch by 3pm.

e-tec_monk

what part of that did you think was funny railroader? don't get me wrong, i would like to win some money but i figure its gonna be tough against you guys.  ;D

steven

e-tec_monk

skeeter 170, u were wondering how to get to the lake? going up hwy 71 to hosston turning left on hwy 2 is a few miles closer than going up hwy 1 to vivian if your coming from shreveport or bossier. exactly 24 miles from launch to I-220 at north market

TheDice

i am like e-tech... I dont forsee me being in the money much..if at all  lo, but i just want to gain some contacts and broaden my fishing horizons.

I have been a cypress and black bayou monger for to long... time to learn some different lakes!

Lawguy513

The lack of money is the very reason why I am interested... my wife can't give me too much trouble over spliting $20 with my partner to fish!! Winning money is not so important as getting to know other like minded people, and maybe picking up a few tips and good habits! 

Nutt

Quote from: TheDice on January 05, 2010, 04:46:12 PM
i am like e-tech... I dont forsee me being in the money much..if at all

Dont sell yourself short on this lake right now.  Hopefully next weekends weather will be warmer and more stable so they will bite.  I have a tournament out there this weekend, and I am already dreading it the way the fish are NOT biting.  When the fish are biting out there, any cast could produce a good fish.  ;)   I am like yall, though.  Its all about fun and meeting some great people and learning something new.  Oh, and giving Paul(Beagle) a hard time.   
Doctor says I should stay away from other people.

skeeter170

E-Tec thanks for the directions.....I also am not worried about the pot.....i do not know where the lake is and it is a week before the tourney....Look forward to meeting all of you.

TheDice

My main concern about that lake is running my boat on a stump or something  lo

I dont really have a game plan for the lake, being that i have never fished it..

I figure ill try to find a decent lookin spot and chunk a jig and a rattle trap...maybe texas rig a sweet beaver..

maybe i can lock into one of those 15 lbers... win the tourney with one fish ... ~roflmao ~roflmao

i hate going into a lake blind ~rant

Railroader

Quote from: e-tec_monk on January 03, 2010, 02:59:27 PM
what part of that did you think was funny railroader? don't get me wrong, i would like to win some money but i figure its gonna be tough against you guys.  ;D

steven
That there knowledgeable.

e-tec_monk

i figured all ya'll were knowledgeable...  ~cf

Beagle

Oops. Another correction. I started planning this so long ago I forgot whatall I planned. It's not $15yr membership, It's $10. That will be $30 for the first tournament and $20 for every tournament after.

caddobass

Now I know why we are Broke Sticks ~roflmao

Beagle

I want to keep it at a $20 bill for the whole boat. After all, we are BROKE. I just like the competition and as I have said before, we all fish larger stuff and this is a "filler" circut I have stuffed between the larger clubs.