2010 UBCS Rules and Regulations
The Seventh Annual Ultimate Bass Club Shootout will be held February 27th and 28th at the North Toledo Bend State Park hosted by the Lock Jaw Bass Club.
1. All State, Coast Guard, Federal, Parks and Wildlife Regulations shall apply at all times. Violations of the above regulations will be grounds for disqualification.
2. Only Largemouth, Smallmouth, and Kentucky spotted bass (black bass) will be weighed in. Toledo Bend - Black Bass must be 14 inches, and spotted bass 12 inches.
3. No more than 5 fish per team in the live-well at a time. When a 6th fish is caught, one must be culled immediately. At no time can a dead fish be culled.
4. You must personally weigh-in your own fish as a team or individually.
5. This is a two-day tournament. Fish must be weighed on the day they are caught, no exceptions.
6. Fish must be kept in a live-well or equally suitable conditions. Do not transport fish to weigh-in on ice, every effort must be made to keep fish alive. There will be a 4oz. penalty for every dead fish brought to the scales.
7. The Launch and weigh-in will be held at the North Toledo Bend State Park. Trailering will be allowed. Those wishing to trailer will not be able to leave the Park until official launch time.
8. All contestants must wear a Coast Guard approved life vest when the boat is on plane. If boat is equipped with a kill switch, it must be attached to driver while boat is on plane.
9. No wake zone enforced at the launch area.
10. A contestant is not permitted to fish within 50 yards from another tournament boat which is anchored or tied unless permission is granted. Good Sportsmanship is required at all times.
11. Entry fee will be $40 a person. $10 from each contestant’s entry fee will go towards big bass awards.
12. Entry fee MUST be paid by deadline; deadline for the 2010 UBCS is February 19th. All fees must be received by midnight. There will be a late fee applied for any participants paying after the deadline of February 19th. No entries will be accepted after Launch on February 27th.
13. You may obtain a refund of your entry fee until February 22, 2009. There will be a $5.00 fee assessed any refund requested.
14. Tournament hours are from safe light until 3pm Saturday the 27th and safe light until 1pm Sunday the 28th. Launch should be 30 min before sun rise each day based on weather.
15. The tournament will be held regardless of rain or shine.
16. Fishing will be done with a rod and reel and artificial lures only (pork rind is acceptable). Each angler may only use one rod/reel at a time.
17. Contestants must be checked in 30 minutes prior to the tournament on both days. Failing to check in will disqualify that team.
18. All applications for entry in the Ultimate Bass Club Shoot Out and the determination of winners and right to awards are subject to the sole approval and discretion of the Tournament Committee whose decision thereon is FINAL. "Tournament Committee” consists of Jimmy Brown, Eric LeBleu, John LeDoux, and Josh Richard.
Questions should be directed to Jared LeBlue(Rattle) or Jimmy Brown(NEthingwood).