Hull damage from Seminole

Started by MeGreenJeans, February 22, 2010, 07:31:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeGreenJeans

:( :( ^-^ ~xyz ~beer~

We were back on the trailer by 8:30.

fireant21

dadgum man! :'(

do tell what happened. We were worried about you and Dick when we didn't see you at the ramp. John said you had an issue, so was unsure what happened.

fireant21

MeGreenJeans

Well, we were cutting through the management area across from Wingate's and after going through the idle zone I jumped up on plane and was a little left of where I thought I was  (low light and fogged up glasses) and felt two impacts, one of which put the hole in the boat. We began fishing a short while later and I kicked on the bilge pump to "see" and to my dismay,it pumped out maybe a half gallon of water. It seemed I was taking on about this much water every 5 to 10 minutes. I decided around 8:15 that I wanted to put it on the trailer to survey the damage and Dick found the hole in the back.

The boat is currently in Attapulgus, Ga getting repaired and I hope to have it floating as early as next weekend. I think I will go no-boat for the next Seminole tourney if alllowed to join the club. Last year about this time I had an incident up the Flint while fishing for Shoal bass that cost me around $1,100.00 to fix. I just don't get along with this particular body of water.

To add insult to injury, I am dealing with a Beaver problem behind the house. :help: