$150 or less reel

Started by gamblerjewell, March 13, 2010, 09:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gamblerjewell

What would you guys suggest as the best reel for 150 or less?

Buzbait88

THE VIBRASHOCK IS BACK!!
KaRu Lures
KaRu Facebook

islandbass

What reel type? Spinning or Casting?
ARX - IB's Daughter on BC Reels:
"Papi! I like this reel. It is so much easier to use than the other one (the spinning reel) and it is more fun to use too." Now all I can say to that is this;
"That's my little girl!"

24/7bassin

The Johnny  Morris Signature series are on sale right now for $119.00!  That and high end Shimano reels are all he uses.  He said that he will never buy a different reel.  I felt them over the weekend (JM Signature) and they felt pretty smooth.  But I have become a big fan of Pflueger since I got my Purist in the mail, and if the President is any better than that reel, then it would be at the top of my list.

Dan1962

I would stay Away from any Plastic Frame reels For around $100-150 You can get a REAL NICE alum frame reel Like the Shimano Citica  200E is Nice reel for $119  or Have seen them On Ebay Brand New for around $92  The BPS Pro Qualifier  is A nice Reel too But at $99  I take the Citica 200E for $92  BPS sometimes Runs the Pro Q onsale For $79   BUT www.veteransoutfitters.com has the Pro Q reel NOW for only $79  I am testing one Now and really like it . Just looked BPS Has the PRO Q On sale for $79 Now too.

Joshawa

I picked up 3 Revo premiers from Gander Mt. for like a $140 a piece. I have used them a couple times now and for the money I would say I made a good choice. I would never pay the $240 or whatever they normally were but for what I payed I am happy. Plus you get a fee pair of Wiley X sunglasses with every one you buy, so that's a bonus.
-Josh

**2009 UB Fantasy Baseball Champ**

Dan1962

Quote from: 24/7bassin on March 14, 2010, 10:52:36 AM
The Johnny  Morris Signature series are on sale right now for $119.00!  That and high end Shimano reels are all he uses.  He said that he will never buy a different reel.  I felt them over the weekend (JM Signature) and they felt pretty smooth.  But I have become a big fan of Pflueger since I got my Purist in the mail, and if the President is any better than that reel, then it would be at the top of my list.

The President LP2 (2009-2010 Model)  is Definitely a much more Quality Built reel then the Purist  The President has a 1 PC alum frame and crank side cover  & much lighter spool   The Purist is Plastic frame and side covers

smokey bear

Shimano Citica...........

Bassinkorea

Revo S, outstanding reel for under $130. Very easy reel to service and maintain also.
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

pawpaw

I got a sale catalog from BPS a couple days ago, they have several of their reels on sale right now. I'm not sure of the price but I think the Rick Clunn is either $69.95 or $79.95. This is last years reel, not the new model. I have had two of them for two or three years now and really like them.
I don't mind not knowing all the answers, but I keep forgeting the danged questions.

Mike Cork

I'd go with the Citica. Shimano makes a bullet proof reel and with a little annual mantanance will last you a life time. These reels will cast light baits as far as you could possibly want and adjust to handle heavy duty as well. Low profile that is very light in the palm of your hand. I'm not a rep but I did sleep in a best western last night  ~roflmao

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

nmanley

I found this on another forum. It is legit. I followed the checkout process up to actually paying for the items. Curado's for $139 and free shipping. OH YA   lo

Once you login it will take a min for it to show you logged-in.

QuoteOhYa.com is having a sale on their Shimano Curado and Citica reels. If you login at the website using Login:Customer PWD: preferred you can purchase the 200E for 139 + free shipping or the Citica for 94.50 plus free shipping. Its that time of year, thought it might save someone some monkey chow
Nolan Manley - Daleville AL

carolinabasser

I have to agree, the Pflueger President is hands down one of the smoothest reels I've used. I got a steal on a combo at a local boat show. President on a E21 Carrot Stick for 225! Both retail at 149! President is worth every cent, more will be in the boat soon.

garland7

IF you would like, Check out my website for you rods and reels. You can go to the fishing page and compare the different selections/prices from various manufacturers. I like bps ( and they are one of my sponsors ), but maybe a better deal somewhere else. You will have to look.

[attachment outdated - deleted by admin]
garland7