2010 Leon County Sheriff's Office Annual Bass Fishing Tournament

Started by Swede, April 25, 2010, 11:01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swede

Lake Talquin did not disappoint - great finish Allen (10th) with 18+ pounds - Awesome!!!

Top Bag - 23lbs 9ozs
Lunker - 9lbs 7ozs

http://www.aroundthetournamenttrail.com/2010LEONSHERIFFSTOURNY.html
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small.
Rascal Flatts

FlFedAngler

Thanks Swede, we had a great time.  My partner was my Pastor, Steve Taylor.  He's got the bass fishing bug real bad, like we all do.  Our game plan was to stay in one area all day but around 11:00 the wind blew us out of our area.  But before we left we had caught several decent ones just needed that kicker.  Steve had already had one come off.  I told Steve that a couple weeks ago we had let go a couple hundred pounds of bass at Luther Hall Landing in the Two River Bass Club and that maybe some of them hung around, plus it was sheltered some.  As I was flippin in the back of it Steve threw a Senko and after a crazy fight (had to be there, we should have never got this bass in the boat, maybe it was a God thing) Steve landed his biggest bass to date, 8 lbs 4 oz.  That helps a bunch.  There were a lot of big bass weighed in that day, 2 over 9 lbs and probably 5 or 6 in the 8 lbs class.  Look at the weights there are a bunch of close ones.  Just a few onces more would have made a big difference.  If you have not fished this tournament before make plans to fish it next year.  Everything about it is 1st class.  They feed you breakfast in the morning and lunch when you get in (real food).  David Mock brings the FLW weigh-in trailer.  And a ton of stuff is raffeled away, Jon Boats, 4-wheelers, and on and on.
Have a good one.
Have a good one & thank GOD for it.
www.AroundTheTournamentTrail.com

djmpanama

I tell you my first experience on Lake Talquin was not a good one, lol. We caught one keeper (about 2.5 lbs.) and had about 3 bites all day. I dont know were the fish are in this lake but I can tell you were they are not. It was a long day of searching and hoping. But like they say, a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work!!!