Bass Fishing Forum Bass Fishing Forum

Site Slogan

News: NEW FORUM! Yes, this is UB! Feedback HERE!

fishing in havasu may-june

(Read 2500 times)

BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER SUPPORT UB

lhcbassman

• Smallmouth
the largemouth are literally bitting everything that swims... a little hard on the  soft plastics untill the weeds and grass start growing.but throw a spinnerbait and a crankbait or anything like that.great fishing experience
give a man a fish he eats for a day. But you teach a man to fish and his wife wont see him again.

kicknametakinbass

• UB Member
  • Baby Bass
Just fished Lake Havasu/Gourge area this past thursday, friday, and local tournament Sunday, slightly different take on the fishing from what I seen.  I have been fishing this area for the past few months pretty heavy, and my take was this past weekend the bite was TOUGH!  Weeks ago, soft plastics were the ticket, texas rigged, wacky rigged senko, drop shot, all produced well.  This past thursday and friday tried exclucivly using spinners cranks and jigs, tried to increase size and numbers of fish caught, couldn't buy a bite.  Tried areas that weeks ago yeilded good action, but no takers on speedier rigs.  Thought it was strange, but heavy wind and boat show (literally hundereds of giant boats) may have soiled action is my guess. 

Sunday came and the tourney and went back to what I knew was working last, worms wacky rigged drop shot and texas rig.  First part of morning before wind hit caught 9lbs in hour (4 1/2 lber, 3 lb and 1 1/2 lber).  Continued working the worms, worked great, till the heavy wind hit and the bite was over.  We won the tournement with just over 13 lbs, another guy got 12 lbs, but from what others said and brought to scales, tough conditions tough bite. 

Just my take on things, and not trying to discourage people from coming out to Havasu for what has been overall GREAT FISHING, but I would recommend watching the weather and trying to hit it on days with less that 30 mph winds, you'll have much better time.  When the temps rise just a little, I suspect the power fishing techniques will really be fantastic, but it just hasen't got there yet, at least for me and my experiences.

Thanks and remember you cant catch fish without your line in the water! 

lhcbassman

• Smallmouth
The bite is a little tough latley but i found out that the things that woked before hardly work at all and things that have had no luck before are working great now i guess its time for a change throw them a curve ball
give a man a fish he eats for a day. But you teach a man to fish and his wife wont see him again.

BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER SUPPORT UB