Loomis DSR820s and Jackall TN60

Started by Dan A, November 26, 2005, 11:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan A

Hi there,

I have a Gloomis DSR820s and have just purchased a few Jackall TN60 lures, do you  think that this rod would be sufficient for using the Jackalls on, don't really want to go out and buy another rod just for the use of these lures.

Also have another rod little bit stiffer which may be better to use em not, not sure, what are you thoughts.

Thanks
Dan

Mike Cork

Dan A,

Not to familar with the Jackall brand of lures? Can you discribe them for us and I bet you will get some great advice ;)

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Warpath

I personally haven't seen the Jackal line up of lures, but I know Ed Cowan, the Federation member who won the championship and advanced to the Classic uses them.  I would be interested to see them, since I haven't seen them on the shelf.

Eric

Dan A

Wow, not familiar with the Jackalls, over here in Aus they are all the rage at currently $25 a pop, and they leave the shelves quick smart.

Here is a link to a pic of a few of mine... they are a lipless crank bait.

Dan

Mike Cork

Good looking baits ~c~ I can think of several uses for those ;) Anyway your rod should do just fine. What action is the Loomis? light-Medium-heavy? does it have a fast tip?

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Buzzman

Here is the description for the rod from the GLoomis website:

QuoteDSR820S 
The ultimate in finesse spinning rods, it's designed with an extremely light tip to give you the perfect "bait shake," yet the butt is so powerful and locks up so quickly it hooks the fish before you realize it. A great addition to your arsenal when the bite gets tough.

I'm not sure that that rod is going to be perfect for throwing a lipless bait, especially if your throwing around vegetation. The rod may be to soft for them and be overpowered by the bait.

My favorite rod for lipless crankbaits is the GLoomis CBR843. Here is the link to the product description on the GLoomis webiste:

http://products.gloomis.com/gl/products/alltackle/detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441760465&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302032500&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=1408474395181201&bmUID=1133234022659

Note that this rod does have enough backbone to rip those lipless baits through the grass.

Hope this helps.

spats

I agree with buzzman.  Throw the DSR8259 away and buy the BR549.  You can't expect to fish TN60's on anything less than a DBC002.  By the way, have you seen the new RX667's?  They beat the Jackalls by a long shot, and are only twice as expensive.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day"

Warpath

Those baits certainly look a lot like the Lucky Craft lipless baits.  Very nice indeed. 

I like throwing a lipless on a medium heavy rod as well.  Just my opinion, but I wouldn't throw it on a medium rod because of the reasons Buzzman mentioned. 

Is that $25 American, or are we talking Austrailian currency?  Maybe there is an exchange rate, but $25 is steep!  And I thought Lucky Craft was expensive.   ~str

Eric

Dan A

Thanks for all the responses, appreciate the info.

I do have a stiffer rod, but it is cheaper and heavier to use than my Loomis, maybe I will have to put a proper bassin rod on the christmas list. ~shhh

They are $25 Aussie each.

Also do you have a link to the RX667.

Dan

BIG PAPA

Quote from: spats on November 27, 2005, 09:32:03 PM
I agree with buzzman.  Throw the DSR8259 away and buy the BR549.  You can't expect to fish TN60's on anything less than a DBC002.  By the way, have you seen the new RX667's?  They beat the Jackalls by a long shot, and are only twice as expensive.
I am soooo confused :surrender: Please tell me you were putting us on.
BR549 :roll2:
papa

Buzzman

I fixed the link above - should be right now.

angling-addict

Hey Dan (Golden Monk)

I see you found my little home away from home ~roflmao
Great forum, and an awesome place to just chill out, and see what's going on on the other side of the world.  Some top guys and gals here, Just watch out for Lipripper ~roflmao  I'd say Pferox too, but Sharon pulls him into line :roll2:

Cheers

Addict
I love a full bag...................  but I love emptying it better