Started by boater, June 26, 2010, 12:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boater

well I am haveing a blast learning to drive this thing to it's potential

Jared LeBlue

Ardent Prostaff

Donald Garner

Congrats on the new ride. ~c~

That's a nice looking boat you got there. ;)
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

OutdoorFrontiers

Quote from: boater on June 26, 2010, 12:32:25 PM
well I am haveing a blast learning to drive this thing to it's potential

LOL, that's not too hard!  FastCat makes the easiest boat to drive at speed of any of the hulls out there.  ZERO chine walk, corners like it's on rails and eats rough water up, riding on a cushion of air.

How do you like the storage of the boat?

Steve
Steve Huber OutdoorFrontiersTv

boater

What storage? LOL I can never find anything.I can't remember where I put it lol.This one has 4 live wells the rear two I was going to use for coolers but did not keep ice so I found a cooler to slide in em. week before last I had three grown men a cooler up front with 2 30 packs. a case in the live well  4 batterys 101 lb thrush TM 75 gallons of fuel all my tackle and still ran 70

RoddyRude

I am going to have to drive one. I have a Basscat Cougar and a Kenner Bay now. I could get a Lanier custom and have a boat to do both in one!
There is a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness
Some of us may have crossed the line. ~shade

OutdoorFrontiers

Quote from: RoddyRude on June 29, 2010, 05:24:35 PM
I am going to have to drive one. I have a Basscat Cougar and a Kenner Bay now. I could get a Lanier custom and have a boat to do both in one!

Yeah, you certainly could.  If yo want to know more about these boats, feel free to give me a call at 715-499-5021 and ask any and all questions.  I'll do my best to answer them honestly.  I owned one for a while, only health issues forced me to sell it.  But I certainly can tell you how it fished and how it ran....

Steve

boater

Quote from: RoddyRude on June 29, 2010, 05:24:35 PM

Drive one or ride in one ,you will be calling Errol for one. This has turned out to be the perfect boat for my application. I like to run the Mississippi  which gets pretty rough, this handles it like a dream I can load it down for boating so the wife has everything she needs for a day on the water. or take it fishing,SWEET. stable Waves affect it differently that a VEE bottom. It is a GREAT multi purpose boat.

rbodine

Congrats on your "new" boat.  I am always trying to keep an eye out for a used one, you don't really see them for sale very often.  I never knew much about cat hull boats until Randy "wildman" took me out on one of his..WOW....so go enjoy your new boat and congrats!! ~c~ ~c~

pawpaw

I have a question, if that hull works so good why don't more companys build them ? Not trying to say they don't just curious.
I don't mind not knowing all the answers, but I keep forgeting the danged questions.

boater

It is not a Bass Boat per say it is a off shore Flats boat  that is useable for bass fishing. This thing is big. Bass boats have tried the tunnel hull design  but have also stayed in a smaller boat and the ride has suffered This hull design was copied from Mr. Laniers 40 foot Offshore Raceing Cat.
You are welcome to Contact him at Lanier custom boats he will be happy to answer any and all questions. Or if you like I am going on a couple Runns yet this year I would be happy to take you for a ride.

OutdoorFrontiers

Quote from: pawpaw on July 01, 2010, 01:56:50 PM
I have a question, if that hull works so good why don't more companys build them ? Not trying to say they don't just curious.

Take a look at the boats being sold today.  Ranger, Triton, BassCat, Stratos, Nitro, Legend, heck even Allison and Bullet all basically look the same.  None of the others are building them because most anglers aren't willing to go beyond the norm when they've got their wallet out.

Anglers are a pretty conservative bunch.  I've built Robert's Wrap Rods that work better than a conventional build, but I had a hard time selling the rods because they looked "funny."  Once a client actually used one of the rods, they had to have one.  But if I couldn't sell someone on a $200 rod, what do you think the odds are someone is going to pull the trigger on a boat that looks like a Lanier Custom Boat?

I had a FastCat for a while and I can't tell you how many guys couldn't get over the looks of the boat, even though it was a superior rig for fishing.  I tried to talk another muskie guide into buying a cat boat, and I couldn't even get him to go for a ride!  And then he went out and spent $3,000 more on a Ranger walleye boat that doesn't offer the room, the storage, the ride, or the speed of a Lanier boat!!!.

Steve

pawpaw

Quote from: boater on July 01, 2010, 07:19:39 PM
It is not a Bass Boat per say it is a off shore Flats boat  that is useable for bass fishing. This thing is big. Bass boats have tried the tunnel hull design  but have also stayed in a smaller boat and the ride has suffered This hull design was copied from Mr. Laniers 40 foot Offshore Raceing Cat.
You are welcome to Contact him at Lanier custom boats he will be happy to answer any and all questions. Or if you like I am going on a couple Runns yet this year I would be happy to take you for a ride.
Oops,never mind.
I don't mind not knowing all the answers, but I keep forgeting the danged questions.

RoddyRude

Quote from: boater on July 01, 2010, 07:19:39 PM
Or if you like I am going on a couple Runns yet this year I would be happy to take you for a ride.

I want a ride! ;D

boater

Well I will be at the Ill. river run as soon as it is rescheduled, Jasper in Oct. for the run. Clifton FastPass I think. LOZ any time  Bull Shoals would work. Where are you located?

RoddyRude

Quote from: boater on July 02, 2010, 08:14:03 PM
Well I will be at the Ill. river run as soon as it is rescheduled, Jasper in Oct. for the run. Clifton FastPass I think. LOZ any time  Bull Shoals would work. Where are you located?

I'm at KY lake.

boater

I think I can make it down there this summer yet I will keep in touch

RoddyRude

I was going to take a ride in Brian Crawfords yesterday, But a storm rolled in.  :(

fishrman

Very cool looking boat. How much water does it draft at rest?
Sit Down, shut up, and hold on!

OutdoorFrontiers

When I owned one, nine inches was the spec...

Steve

boater

That is the specs on this one Errol told me he could get one on plane in 12 inches.