lokking at a cat

Started by hockeyref, July 24, 2010, 01:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hockeyref

mailed them now i did your help here How much water do you need to run this boat we have some flats that are pretty swallow
also what would you recommend putting on as extras. This boat looks aw some will be using it for bass fishing so let me know what you guys and gals that own these think. if you have pics please send them to me so i can see how you have yours rigged 
BALTIMORE SAINTS SPIECAL HOCKEY
Team Outcast
TBF Maryland

boater

they draw 9 to 12 inches at rest Mine is closer to 12 LOADED. The best comparison I have ever heard was" they are like fishing from an aircraft carrier"  Maybe even a dock ,Stable lot of room to move anywhere on the boat. Mine has a 101 lb MinnKota motor on front and to the side,(pics in lower thread) a fish sonar on the deck and GPS /SONAR on the console. For specs Call Errol he love to talk to folks .

OutdoorFrontiers

I owned a FastCat until health reasons forced me to sell the boat.  Specs say they draft nine inches of water, and I've found that a fully loaded boat will draft a little deeper.

They're an amazing fishing platform, stable beyond belief for anyone that's used to fishing from a vee-pad boat.  Yes, it is indeed like fishing from a floating dock, except one that's capable of running in the 80 mph range...

You'll find storage is far beyond what you're used to as well with a vee-pad boat.  I emptied my full bassboat into my cat and had TWO COMPARTMENTS completely empty!!!  Now that's storage room.

My boat was rigged with a Merc 250 Pro XS outboard on a hydraulic jackplate.  I'd keep that at minimum as it makes for a great running combo.  I used the SmartCraft gauges.  I had a 101 lb. thrust bow mount trolling motor, with a Stealth charging system.  At the time (2006), I was running top of the line electronics, a Lowrance LC26HD and a slightly smaller color gps/locator on the bow, networked together.

I made sure the trailer was the aluminum tandem axle, and I had a spare hub as the spare tire carrier.  That worked great, although I never needed to use that option.

One thing that I'd add now that wasn't available when I had my boat is a Power Pole.  I've seen them in action and they rock!

Steve
Steve Huber OutdoorFrontiersTv