about me

Started by lackObass, September 09, 2010, 10:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lackObass

:'(
i found the site by looking around for advice on fishing and specially bass fishing... i moved to ft. hood tx a while ago and have gone gone 20+ times and have caught 1 fish the whole time.... while i'm here in the south i want to hook into that huge 8 to 10 lb. bass. we don't get those in the northwest but at this point i'm just looking for a bite and to catch fish. i have tried quite a bit like.... baits.... worms, live frog, chicken liver, stink bait, shad, shinners, bluegill,all  pre made catfish bait, and all those live fish also tried as cut bait. lures wise, spinners, crainkbait(shollow and deep, broke back and not), jiggs, banjo minnow, and all these lures in all colors sizes and shapes. i have gotten one bite on a lure and i'm wondering if this has to do with me fishing from the shore out into open waters in belton lake.

Donald Garner

lackObass,

First of all Welcome to Ultimate Bass. ~c~
We're glad you're here and if you have any questions about fishing or boating just drop a line. :)
There are a ton of folks here who love to bass fish and are more than willing to help you out. ;)

Welcome to Ft. Hood and Central Texas.  There's a few of us that hang out here that fish Belton Lake and some of the surrounding Central Texas lakes.  I fish a lot on Ft. Hood also, they have several lakes that have catfish and bass stocked in all of them.

Fishing Belton lake from the bank IMO is hard to do.  I've spend my fair share of time fishing Belton lake from a boat and its hard to catch those bass.  There are places you can bank fish on Belton though.  Have you been to BLORA REC AREA fishing?  They have a fish house there vic of the marina.  I've not fished from it but I do launch my boat from there and there seems to be a lot of people fishing there. Down by Texas Hwy 36 bridge I see people fishing in at area from the bank all the time.

You mentioned that you want to hook into an 8-10 lb large mouth.  Well your in the right place and you don't even have to leave Ft. Hood.  If you want you can drop me a personal email and I'll fill you in on fishing the lakes on Ft. Hood.  My personal best so far while fishing on Ft. Hood is a 7.2 lb largemouth I caught on a 3/8 oz black and blue jig matched with a black and blue crawworm.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Don

Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Lipripper

lackObass and to . dang from all the stuff you have used them fish must not like you  lo lo Just kidding. Send Donald a e-mail and he will be glad to help you out  ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

emazing

I am new to the site but have posted a couple of times. Most of the time i am fishing Loch Raven in Maryland. I have been fishing the lake one way or another since I was five. I am not 32 with 3 kids and starting to teach them the art of bass fishing. Being a reservior angler and only using an electric motor can be tough but it you have the proper patience and enjoy a long day on the water it can be rewarding.

I have also started to fish prettyboy much more this year and began to figure out the small mouth this lake holds. You can catch very large numbers on this lake and some very big fish from time to time.

I really want to start fishing some of the local tournaments but can not find the time to dedicate to an entire season. If anyone is putting together 1 off weekend tournaments please contact me.

Remember: Set the Hook

Donald Garner

emazing,

There is nothing like getting the kids involved with fishing.

Good luck with your goal to get into tourney fishing.

Check out this link below and I'm sure there are some guys that fish Loch Raven can hook
you up.

http://www.ultimatebass.com/bass-fishing-forum/index.php?board=73.0
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

Lipripper

Quote from: Donald Garner on September 10, 2010, 11:44:42 AM
emazing,

There is nothing like getting the kids involved with fishing.

Good luck with your goal to get into tourney fishing.

Check out this link below and I'm sure there are some guys that fish Loch Raven can hook
you up.

Maryland Bass Fishing Reports
Made it live for you Donald  ;) We are going to have to work on bringing you up to speed on this computer stuff  lo lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Donald Garner

Lip,

I'm all ears and fingers.  Let me know how and I'll give it the ole try. lo

pawpaw

Hi lackObass and amazing and welcome to UB.
lackObass- I live just across Ft. Hood from you and have fished Belton many years. It is in a downcycle right now and has been really tough the last few years.
About the best places i know to bank fish are around hwy36 bridge and Owl Creek Park. There are some underwater points just to the left of the boat dock that lead to the creek channel. Several different kinds of fish will school around there sometimes. I would get my Ft. Hood liscense like Don said, there are a lot of stock tanks and small lakes on Ft. Hood and they keep them stocked pretty well. If I can help just send me a pm or email.
I don't mind not knowing all the answers, but I keep forgeting the danged questions.