2010 Federation Nation State Championship

Started by FlFedAngler, November 08, 2010, 06:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlFedAngler

The St. Johns River was a bit on the tough side and the 25 mph winds did not help any.  I don't have the complete results because I left after the first day due to 5 hours of sleep in 5 days.  3 snooring room mates.  I know who I won't be rooming with in the future.  I will be posting pics and results on my site in a couple days. 
   I concentrated on Rodman during pre-fishing.  Tuesday while fishing down a bank, all the sudden, the bass came up schooling all around my boat.  I'm talking maybe 100, 2 - 3.5 pounders.  So in the next 5 cast I put 5 in the boat.  Then I called my buddies and told them come on lets have some fun.  Those fish stayed there for 2.5 hours and we had some fun.  So each day I went back and checked them.  That's all I really had as far as a place to fish goes.  And each day they were there but not like the first day.  On tournament day they came up 5 times within casting distance but no takers.  Anyway, had a great time. B.A.S.S. brought the Elite weigh-in trailer for weigh-in.  Very professional!  Not all was lost.  Spent $20 on raffle tickets and won a $1500 Power Pole.  Yippie!
Have a good one & thank GOD for it.
www.AroundTheTournamentTrail.com

Swede

Pays to be lucky Allen - nice win on the raffle.  Look forward to seeing the results.
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small.
Rascal Flatts

jesse1378

nice job on thw power pole. bet that made your day

BMiles

Allen,

I heard it was the other way around and your 3 roommates threw you out for snooring.   lo lo lo

Just kidding.  Congratulations on the Power Pole win.  I was hoping to win it so I could have 2 on my boat....  After the zeroing out the 1st day I was ready to head home too.  Was tough for everyone but thats fishin.

FlFedAngler

The Power Pole was free but it still cost $300 for the bow foot switch and Power Pole mounting bracket.  And another $100 to have the bracket installed.  But not complaining.  Just have to remember to lower it before going in and out of the garage or there will be issues.

Swede

Rascal Flatts

aaronr1971

I was'nt there so nobody needs to think I was one of those roomates. ~roflmao ~roflmao
Aaron

FlFedAngler

The Power Pole sure was handy this past weekend.  Fished the Bay Co. Bass Club Tourny at Deerpoint Lake.  Decided to go up Econfina Creek a long ways and just fish back.  The current is pretty strong so I was backing down the creek but when I would come to a curve that had deeper water I would lower the Power Pole and have plenty of time to fish those deeper areas.  I would say that was responsible for 4 of my 7 keepers in Econfina.  And when It was time to cull, same thing, just lower it and take your time.  I probably saw 30 - 40 bass (20 lb stringers) but if you could see them you could not catch them.  Another team went further up than I did and they said in one curve they saw at least 20 bass that would have went over 3 pound each and could not get one to bite.  Even if you don't catch anything in Econfina Creek it's worth going to see all those Bass, Carp, Bream, Blackfish and the scenery.  I took the win with a bit over 12 lbs.
As you will see in the 3rd place photo, Sam is holding a Shoal Bass that he caught way up Econfina.  Many years ago a certain individual lets some go way up the creek and they are doing good.  Sam said when he was fighting this one there were several more with it.

http://www.aroundthetournamenttrail.com/BCBC.html

Swede

Nice job Allen - what's that stuff around your mouth there - got milk? lo  Ecofina and shoalies - hmmmm.  Nice to know and glad they have taken up residence.
Rascal Flatts

FlFedAngler

Yea, thought I would grow it a bit.  Never done it before.  I'm tired of looking so young, ha ha.  I'm glad to know you can see it.  It's all grey and white.