REVO REELS...OPINIONS PLEASE

Started by SNAGGER51, December 04, 2010, 12:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zamguy

I was still using my Eon Pro Garcia reels when the Revos came out.  I bought a couple Revos and was very impressed with their handling.  I never considered the Skeet Reese models.  I tried the Curado and Calais reels ( I had a curado already that I liked) and it was like I had traversed into a different dimension, a good one.  I am selling my Eon Pros and my Revos so I dont have a bunch of extra stuff I wont be using.  Mind you, I still think the Revos are great reels, but everything I have seen from some of my friends who use the Shimano stuff is how they hold up over time.  Every reel works well when it is new (well I would guess they do anyway).  But how will they be after a couple good hard seasons of use?  That Curado that I have owned for several years has no illicit bearing sounds coming out of it- a very good thing!!
2016 LCB, 250 Merc Pro XS, Lowrance Electronics
GLoomis Rods  Shimano Reels  Power Pro line

SNAGGER51

Wow I didn't know this was going to be a dabate...I agree the Revos haven't been out that long, but I've already switched. I fish 3-4 days a week. I think all the reels are good. I like Shimano, Quantum, revo and CarbonLite. When I picked up the Revo, it was just a perfect fit for me. I now have 5 SX's and 2 Skeets and I'm confident they'll last...thanks for the opinions.

P.S. I do get bearing noise from 2 of my Shimanos...and their only 35 yrs. old

zamguy

I dont think its as much of a debate as it is people providing their opinions (as requested).  Our rods and reels are things we fisherpeople are passionate about.  I really dont care if the next guy likes to use one of each reel on the market (I was close to that many years ago), we have fishing as a common denominator and thats all that counts. 
2016 LCB, 250 Merc Pro XS, Lowrance Electronics
GLoomis Rods  Shimano Reels  Power Pro line

Baron49

Good question or comment on the durability of the Revo line.   :)

Personally I get close to 150+ days on the water between fishing in Florida and in Northern NY.  Started using Revo S reels as soon as they came out and now have switched all my reels over to the Revo line.  Using Revo S, Revo SXHS, Revo Premier, and Revo Winches, have not experienced one single problem with any of these reels in the past several years of using them.  I do clean and lube them at least twice a year and lube them as needed when on the water.  Have found when throwing heavy swimbaits all day long that they do need to be oiled more often to keep them running quiet and smooth.

I don't abuse my equipment, but I do use it heavily and expect it to hold up to what ever I am doing.  Have found these reels just keep coming back for more.  While I have accumulated quite a few Revos, I still use the very first Revo S I purchased and it works as smooth today as the day i bought it.