62 year old newbie

Started by doofus, January 08, 2011, 11:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doofus

My name is Dave and I found this site tonight while perusing the net for Champion boat addicts. When I saw the Ultimate Bass banner I knew I found a new home on the internet. I live in Enoch, Utah and have been tourney fishing for the past 30 years. If you have been to Lake Powell or Lake Mead you know how many miles of shoreline there is to fish down here. We also have a  smaller trophy lake outside of St. George, Utah that is renown for excellent fishing. I fish UBTT in the So. Utah Division at Sand Hollow Reservoir. I find this site to be a "class act" and hope to share input that readers can use and some info to garner for my use. I have been retired for 7 years and bass fishing is one of the best outlets for us older farts. Married for 46 years, 3 children and 11 grandchildren. I have been blessed with a great family and a sport that keeps my blood pressure at a safe level. My favorite annual event is going to El Salto every February to fish with BassELSALTO guide service. If you haven't fished El Salto it is worth saving some $$ for the experience. Thanks again for a great site!

Donald Garner

Dave,

Welcome to Ultimate Bass we're glad your here, so pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
We look forward to your input and reports on fishing from your area. ~shade
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

-Shawn-

Welcome aboard Dave!! Looking forward to hearing some Utah reports!!  ~gf ~c~ ~c~ ~c~

Dunham Fisher

COUSIN-IT

Welcome Dave you will find some real nice people here. Lots of tourny fishing going on here.
96 Astro 185DCX 150 Mercury EFI
Lowrance FF Minn Kota Maxxum

doofus

Thankyou everyone for the warm welcome! Even though the daytime temps don't usually go above 30 degrees here in January I try to get out once a week. Fishing has been slow, but already catching a few with deep blades and jigs. Our next UBTT tourney is in early February and should produce some good bags.

Ron Fogelson

Hey doofus nice of you to join Ultimatebass.com lots of tips/tricks to share here.

Hope you are able to find everything you need around here but should you need any help please just ask.

Fogy

doofus

Fogy- By the looks of the photo you don't look very old to me. Thanks for the welcome and I have been adding some thoughts and words of wisdom when I deem them helpful. Great site and I will share my year with UBTT and SUBA as it moves along.

oldjim

doofus

Well youngster welcome to UB I am just a member, but is is a very good web site with lots of good info. They are even nice to actual oldies like me.
Oldjim

doofus

Old Jim- I feel like a youngster again thanks to you. This is one sport that makes the older guys feel young again. My dad is 94 and still can chuck a lure now and then. ;D

Lipripper

and from one old fart to another to lo lo Will be looking for them reports and some  ;PHO) Good to have another member around who is older than me  ;D This is a great spot to call home on the web so park your over in that empty slip and make yourself right at  :)hsh:  ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

caddobass

Welcome to a great site for us ol'farts and them young'ems too.
12.30 lb. LMB my best, B.A.S.S. Lifetime Member 1972

PA ANGLER

Welcome Aboard.

Tight Lines
Pa Anglers

pawpaw

Yeah, you old guys make yourself at home.  lo
I don't mind not knowing all the answers, but I keep forgeting the danged questions.

Ron Fogelson

Quote from: doofus on January 10, 2011, 05:06:49 PM
Fogy- By the looks of the photo you don't look very old to me. Thanks for the welcome and I have been adding some thoughts and words of wisdom when I deem them helpful. Great site and I will share my year with UBTT and SUBA as it moves along.

Well I'm 41 so I guess you got me by a few years  lo but boy oh boy do my 2 boys make me feel old  ~sweat

I have the Fogy like Old Fogie under my photo because some folks call me Foggy until they hear how my friends say it.   ;)

Anyway thanks for the posts, hope you are finding things all right around here.