365V seat removal

Started by cdfpete, February 26, 2011, 12:02:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdfpete

I'm sure this question has been asked sometime before but................
How do I remove the bench seat on my 365V?  I can't see any bolts but I am sure it comes off somehow.  If anybody knows how it would be greatly appreciated.  Pictures or diagrams would be especially helpful. Thanks .

cdfpete

Well believe it or not, I got the seat off.  After looking through hundreds of posts on the internet and talking to the guy at Ranger Boats (who by the way did not give me any useful info) I found that there is a panel on the back of the headrests that flips up and sonofagun there were the bolts holding the seat!!  If you had asked me before if there was a flap there I would have said no way.  Some of the posts had mentioned this but when I looked at the seat it didn't look like it could be.  But I figured I would try, and there it was. I guess Ranger made good tight upholstery for the seats.  A little more prep and time for carpet. ~c~

biffmar4

so, did was the upholstery covering the panel?  Did you have to pull the upholstery up over the top to get the panel up?

cdfpete

just put a piece of flat like a big screwdriver in the seam near one edge and gently pry.  It looks like that it couldn't possibly be but it is.  Pry it up a little and you should hear a tearing sound (the velcro).  Just lift the whole panel and you will see 3 screws.  After that easy

Eric L.

Cool, do you have any pics?  I'm wondering if that is the same for my 2000 R61?  Made an attempt couple days ago so i can take the seats to get recovered but no luck...
Eric