OPPROTUNITY IS KNOCKING

Started by calincalif50, May 20, 2011, 10:13:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

calincalif50

California anglers and members of Ultimate Bass.

We have an opprotunity to do something none of the other forums have...that is to have real, honest and meaningfull fishing reports.  We're not asking you to post a report on the color, size, shape or any other specifics when you go fishing.  I know from experience we tend to keep our secrets to ourselves when preparing for tournaments.  But consider this; how many times have you wanted to know about a particular lake, temp, weather, water conditions..for many of us its loads of times.  In your fun or pre-fishing trips could you post a little about the conditions you met while on your favorite lake.

Some of things we look for:

Water temp; am-pm while you were on the water
What depth did you catch your fish, preferably not 0-60 feet, be real " I caught a 5 lb in 10 feet"
What was the weather like; windy, rain, sunny, cloudy etc.
What time of the day was best.
What type of bait did you use; no specifics like " red/watermelon senko 4 inch.  just state it was a senko.  Unless you have no objections to giving out specific information

As we all know it doesn't really matter what type of bait worked one day, it may not the next.

again lets see if we can from a UB perspective create fishing reports other forums will want to emulate

Just some thoughts.  Let's hear yours

Mike Cork

Great post Cal! The lousiana fishing report section started out just like this. A few anglers posting lake conditions and now it's "THE" place on the web to find out what's going on. Everything from lake levels to water conditions to river conditions. It's great because if you want to go fun fishing you can jump on the board and figure out where your day might be best spent! Just general info goes a long way Water Clarity, Water Temp, how much the lake has risen or fallen is all great prefish info that isn't going to hurt your tournament strategy. After a tournament post the results and brag some :toot: more posts brings more anglers which brings more information.

Please always include the lake in the title of your post ;) it helps people find UB

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Bobby Tull

I'm fishing a casitas USAC pro tournament tonight with no prefish I'll post a report sunday....Bob Tull ~shade

Mike Cork

Sometimes no prefish can be good. No preconceived ideas to hold you back!

Looking forward to hearing how it goes :)

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

calincalif50

Thanks Bob look forward to your report