2011 Tracker 175 TXW 60 Merc EFI picked it up have a couple questions

Started by LB1202, June 04, 2011, 06:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LB1202

Picked the boat up today from the dealership.  Waiting on the sharkhide to get here before I put in the water though unfortunately.  I do have a couple of questions though.  I was told that Tracker, not dealer pre-installs the transducers now.  Mine is mounted on the left of motor down on the pad and was mounted at an angle that sloped with the bottom of the boat.  I know they need to be horizontal to show arches and the bottom correctly so I leveled it.  The other potential issue is that they mounted the bracket about a half inch to the right of a chine.  Is this going to cause to much turbulence to read properly?  Also for those of you with the 60 Merc how much play do you have in your prop.  I seem to have quite a bit when i pull and push on the prop.  Its enough that you hear a click click and moves probably a 1/4 inch in and out.  Is this normal for these motors to have this much slack or was it not torqued tight enough?  I have a 150 Optimax on another boat andthe prop has no slack at all so the 60 prop seems excessive to me. 

thanks

hammy2337

I have an 09 pt170 with a 40 merc. I checked and my prop as a little play in it also. It only moves about 1/8 of an inch or so. I don't know if it's right but I haven't had any issues with it. Hope this helps.