What are Labels in your Personal Messages

Started by DAWG, December 27, 2005, 01:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DAWG

What are these and what does it mean to change them

Mike Cork

Labels are a tool to help you categorize/manage your Private Messages.

If you look under "Preferences" (to the left of the messages in your Private Message window), you will see a link to manage labels. You can go here and create titles for your labels. I.E. a persons screen name, a specific topic (Like "Rally"), or any topic that you get a lot of PM's about that you are wanting to save.

Once you have your label titles created you can then label your PM's with these new titles.

If you look at a Private Message that you have, at the bottom right of each one there is a drop down box. If you click on it you should see all the labels you created. Click on which every you would like to label that specific PM. After you go threw and label your PM's, you can look to the left where the preferences tab was and just above it you will see all the labels you created. Now click on which ever one you would like to see and your in box will only list those PM's that you have labeled with that title.

I hope that was clearer than mud :roll2: Fire away with additional questions or if I was unable to convey the concept ~c~

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Sharon

WOW I think I understood that, I must be tired.  ~roflmao  But I like that idea  ~c~ Im going to check it out since I save welcome PMs for a while to make sure I havent forgotten any one. Thanks  ;)

Sharon

Mike Cork

Using the label function should help out a bunch with that Sharon, good deal, let us know what you think after you have got to use it for a bit  ~c~

Cork's Reel Service

Sharon

OK, working on it, one question. If after I put them in managed labels can I delete them without losing the ones in the managed label section? Im thinking this is sort of a folder to store them, is that correct?

Mike Cork

humm good question, I have never tried that hang on let me find out.

Okay, nope if you delete them they delete from the label catagory also. I guess the goal would be to label everything as you get it or delete it and then use your label system instead of your standard in box. If you are like Laurie and myself you have over 200 PM's in your in box and to look for a specific one it is much easier to use the labels.  ;)

Cork's Reel Service

Sharon

OK, one more problem.. seems I cant label ones in my outbox. It doesnt show the label thing on the bottom right like the ones in the inbox has.. Any suggestions? Those are the ones I was really wanting to label, but no big deal if I can't.

Mike Cork

Nope aparently it doesn't allow you to label the out going messages. I guess the designers figure since they are all from the same person. But I can see where you could definately use this as a management tool. I will see what I can do about getting that info to the folks that build the upgrades and see if this is possible ~c~

Cork's Reel Service

Sharon

OK, but like I said, no worries, they are all on the same page at least  lo.. its just that sometimes I may answer someone about an issue and would like to label it. Then again, anything that important I email it to myself and save it in a folder.
Thanks for the help  ~c~

DAWG

Mike and Sharon,I was playing around a little last night with this also.Thanks for the answers and it looks like it will be easier to manage the PM's a little easier with the labels.

Lipripper

I get lots of PM's too and migh tjust have to play around with that lable thing too but most of mine I delete after answering them but only safe the real good ones  ;)

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Mike Cork

That could be one of your labels Lipripper, "Real Good Ones"  ;)

Cork's Reel Service

Lipripper

Mike I will have to play around with that one I stll got my retirment two now them was Real Good Ones  ~roflmao ~roflmao

Sharon

Make labels called retirement, and one called real good stuff,, its real easy to do..  ~c~

OHbassaholic

Sharon,
I believe you will be able to use the label system if you CC yourself on each outgoing PM you would like to save.  That will put them into your in-box!

Sharon

Good thinking there OH  ~c~  ... I dont save all my out going PMs. just for a few days so I can double check who I sent the welcomes out to.. but I like that idea  ;) .. Real important ones, I copy into an email and send to myself and keep in a folder.

Lipripper

fish_cobra

:( Some of us just don't get many PM's to manage.  :)

Siggy by DundeeMike
RIP SOME LIPS!

Bassinkorea

Quote from: Sharon on December 27, 2005, 10:14:50 PM
OK, working on it, one question. If after I put them in managed labels can I delete them without losing the ones in the managed label section? Im thinking this is sort of a folder to store them, is that correct?

Just to answer the quoted question for future.......
Once you have added a label to the message, open the drop down bar again and remove the "inbox" label from from the message and it leaves your inbox but can still be viewed in the new folder/label. This leaves your inbox free and better looking.

Did that make sense  :-\
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)