2011 CTBF STQT
The following Guides and instructions have been formulated in an effort to reduce initial and delayed mortality of fish at this year CTBF STQT Tournament. Please read the following instructions very carefully and do your solution to prove that a tournament can conducted with high bass survival rates. Lets do everything we can prove that we as anglers are pros at keeping bass alive.
Instructions for Ute Reservoir CTBF Live well Care:
Cooler to keep ice
Pool thermometer or digital probe
16oz bottle of 3% hydrogen peroxide
In an effort to provide the best possible live release during this tournament, we are encouraging you to be proactive in addressing Livewell conditions all day long, although the weight in procedures is critical, your handling of the fish throughout the day is even more critical, since your fish are in your possession for the majority of time. Please study the following suggestions and give the fish your utmost consideration.
1. Fill Livewell shortly after take from good water in the MAIN BODY OF WATER OF THE LAKE. DO NOT FILL LIVEWELLS OR EXCHANGE WATER IN CREEKS OR COVES and especially from taken off sight!
2. IMPORTANT! Treat Livewell with Catch Release early and recirculate for a couple of minutes to properly mix. Make sure you dose Livewell before you start fishing.
3. Keep you Livewell cool. Get close to 65 degrees as possible.
4. Add 3% hydrogen peroxide once you catch your first fish. The 3% hydrogen peroxide will provide adequate dissolved oxygen levels even if you Experience Livewell failure. Pay attention to the dosage rates below and do not exceed our recommendations.
20 gallons of water 6 fl. Oz.
25-30 gallons of water 8 fl. Oz.
50 gallons of water 16 fl. oz.
5. Please exchange water at least once during the day and repeat cooling of water. Dosing of Catch and Release and reapply Hydrogen Peroxide to the Livewell.