Your go to lure?

Started by 07silvy, August 06, 2011, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

07silvy

What are some of your go to lures? I have always been a worm kind of person and like a white fluke. But I fished with some top water lures the other day and really enjoyed being able to watch the fish hit the lures. So I am starting to buy some lures now rather than worms. I just spent 50 bucks on a few crank baits "i know they arent top water" and a few devil horses and buzz baits. I fish a lot of different ponds and I'm wanting to find that lure or 2 that will pretty much work in any of them. lol

bassindude

The spinnerbait has always been my go to search lure.  The basic jig & trailer is my go to slow down lure. Jim
Jim ><///'>><///'>

macon123

Clip the tail off of a zoom speedworm in watermelon/red.  Rig texposed on a 2/0 offset shank worm hook weightless and use for slow falling and deadsticking. 

copnjax

I've always been a worm guy, too.  However, when the worm bite isn't working, I always manage to catch some on the chrome/blue 1/2 oz. Red-Eye shad.
Retired after 34 yrs. with Jacksonville P.D.  Now I have time to hunt and fish!

ssj3goten

1. senkos
2. lipless cranks
3. crankbaits
4. buzz baits/hollow body frog

pittsburghbass

Curly tailed grubs in watermellon seed have always worked for me.  If I'm having trouble finding fish I'll fall back on a 3" grub and it usually is good for at least a few smallmouth!

fishingfanatic14

Any type of jig, if I'm searching I will go with a swim jig, deep water calls for a mop jig or football jig, and last but not least pitching/flipping well obviously the flippin' jig. I also love flukes in disco violet and watermelon or a big worm in redbug or plum.
Big Nasty Custom Rods
S.W.A.G. Jigs Jr Pro Staff
MHX Rod Blanks

DBrooke

Go to... hmmm... I would have to say 1/4 ounce Jig X with a 3" ODA chunk Craw trailer, threaded.
This section under construction.

Diggy_

Senko
Worm
Creature bait
Red eye shad
Frog

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G with Tapatalk

scumfrog

1: 3/8oz willow blade white/chartreuse spinner bait
2: Black and blue 3/8oz jig with a black neon yum woolie bullie trailer
3: Luckey Craft square bill crank in baby bass
4: Stanly Ribbit buzz frog
Throw it in the thick stuff

jhoward8581

3 in. white curly tail grub always does the trick for me!

boudreaux 23

I go back to basics with the wat. red brush hog. When times get tough I break out the shakeyhead

crankenstein

Zoom finesse worm on a split shot rig. And if all else fails, I'll break out the ultra light with a Rooster Tail or Mepps.

bass78

4" June bug red Kriet Kreature !  I have caught fish on this bait when nothing else would !  It will put a brush hog to sham.
JJ's Magic Prostaff, The Rod Glove Pro Staff, Extreme Sunglasses Pro Staff,    Blue Sports Outdoors Pro staff,

catt

I have 2 that I keep tied on 24/7/365; Texas Rigged Plastic & Jig-N-Craw ;)
Instead of telling God how big your storm is tell the storm how big your God is!

Mike Cork

This question has a ton of variables for me?

Tournament: I'll have for sure on the deck-
Spro frog
Jig
Texas rig ( could be a punch rig)
Spinnerbait

Just fishing:
Spinnerbait
Texas Rig

First fish in the boat contest or must catch one:
Beetle spin

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

ronalddipietro

plastics..t-rig or c-rig...1st CHOICE..EXCEPT..early morning..Spinnerbait or Rattle Trap...(Depends on time of year)..I almost cant see why that is the only baits made??????
Lets Go Fishing

tim4081

Senko....4 or 5 inch in green pumpkin black flake just about anytime of the year.  4 inch tends to be best for me early and late in the season

Lucky E Strike RC cranks have been very, very good for me of late but when all else fails a 3 or 4 inch grub (Berkley or Kalins or GY) in either smoke, black or green pumpkin  on a 1/8 oz Bite Me shakey head jig will be on my line.
Attitude predicts altitude.  How high will you fly?

pondboss

Big Bite Baits Fighting Frog in Vegas Flash or Tilapia

The early bird may indeed get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

nitro2011

Zoom finesse worm in green pumpkin texas rigged with a spilt shot or small bullet weight always puts fish in the boat for me
Lake Oliver columbus,GA

Kickin Bass

Quote from: Diggy_ on August 09, 2011, 08:20:49 AM
Senko
Worm
Creature bait
Red eye shad
Frog

+1

Please do not use Outdoor Hub Mobile, Please find and use TapaTalk for your phone
09-20i
250 HPDI
HDS-8 w/ LSS, LCX-28c-HD

classic242

Quote from: catt on August 10, 2011, 10:18:49 AM
I have 2 that I keep tied on 24/7/365; Texas Rigged Plastic & Jig-N-Craw ;)

What catt said plus I'll have to put a Spro frog in the mix and a pearl super fluke.

;)