Island Lake 08/06/11

Started by ex301p, August 07, 2011, 11:40:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ex301p

Hot and humid day on the water. Cloudy but the sun was coming threw enough to bake us, and to make matters worse, there was very little wind out there to cool us off. The weather man said is was 85 out with a chance of rain, but with the humidity it felt like 100 to me.

My partner and I caught a total of nine Bass. Missed a few on the Spro Popper so we downsized to the Scum Frog Popper. All fish where caught in less then 3ft of water, most right up against the bank in the duck weed.

The water temp was in the high 80's and even low 90's in some spots. The water is very dark and dirty, more so then usual and the duck weed, of which I am guessing that's what its called, was all over the place, never seen it like this in the 10 years or so we have been fishing there,

Over all the fishing was not to bad for we did catch fish, but nowhere near as good as Island Lake has been to us in the past. Most of what we caught where in the 1 to 2 pound range with one going 3.80 of which is closer to the average size we usually catch out there. If we would have landed the other 5 or 6 that we missed, who knows.

Guessing that's called duck weed, whatever it is it sure is fun watching the bass explode threw it to hit a frog. This was about the average size of the Bass we caught Saturday. Small for Island Lake but fun non the less.