List your ride

Started by nlareau, January 01, 2006, 04:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nlareau

Tell us what model Stratos you have. Pics are nice, too.

I've got my picture in the gallery under nlareau.

1994 Stratos 270.  Single Console, 18'6"
Old Evinrude B4FS trolling motor 46# It still runs pretty well.
It has front and back livewells.
1999 model Mercury 150 EFI purchased new in 2001.
10" Detwiler jackplate
Tempest Plus 23P. 
Eagle fishfinder in the front, Humminbird Wide Paramount in the back. 
Lowrance 1220 flasher.

It won't do 80 (59.7 on the GPS is the best I've done), but I like it.
The early bird may get the worm, but it is the second mouse that gets the cheese.

BassBUFF

Good looking boat Nlareau! Mine's older than yours and still runs strong too. Pics in my gallery.

'89 275 Pro XL 17'9"
Evinrude 150 XP w/22 Raker
MotorGuide 67lbs 24Vdc
2 Eagle Cuda 168's front and rear

I had hit the same speed on mine (59.7 GPS) before I sent the prop back for repair. I think they left some cup out because I had to lower the motor back down to get any speed. Hit 56.4 GPS the other day loaded with 2 people, gear, and 2/3 tak of gas. Still not too shabby.

Jared LeBlue

Since my boat company is now Stratos, I guess I have to put mine here. ;D

1995 Javelin 379T
Johnson Fast Strike 150
Evinrude trolling motor
Lowrance electronics

She will do 62mph and that's with the jackplate down some. She was a little faster when I had the plate all the way up but I was fighting the prop which was making steering very difficult. I am very impressed with this boat. It handles well and it has a very strong hull. I keep forgetting to take pictures of her so I can post them on the site. I'll get some up soon.
Ardent Prostaff

Mike Cork

I would love to see new threads started with a picture of your boat :-* Just title it your year and model :-*

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Lipripper

nlareau  Stratos has some great boats. I don't have a boat but my friend John that I fish with has a Stratos  as you can see in this picture. I have some better pictures of it some where and will post them and get the details on the boat from Joh It's just like it's my boat since I can use it anytime I want to and I do fish out of it with John 3 weeks every year and it would be more if we lived a little closer  ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

DRN

My current ride is a 2000 Stratos 21 SS Extreme. It happens to have 2 - 20 gallon live wells with aeration, 55lb Minn-Kota trolling motor foot controlled, Spot lights for driving at night, black lights for night fishing, lots of storage space, professional rod holding compartment, heated drivers seat, tilt hydraulic steering, steering column tilt/trim, 8" jackplate, Lowrance X-65 on console and front deck (flush mounted), Lowrance 332c on side of console for gps and color fish finding, built in ice-chest, 225 hp Evinrude Fitch with 4 blade S/S Renegade prop, 50 gallon gas tank, tach, water pressure, mph, engine check, fuel gauge, etc on console, hot foot, dual automatic high volume bilge pumps, dual axle trailer with mag wheels and mag spare. Clocks out at 67mph gps with 2 people (525 lbs total) 50 gallons of gas and all the fishing equipment for a year and a bit more on hand plus extras.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Lipripper

WOW DRN   a heated seat too  ~c~ ~c~ You got a nice ride there. Got any  ;PHO) of it  ~c~ ~c~

Mike Cork

Lipripper he has an attachment  :-* It's a beautiful boat.

Thanks for showing us DRN, she is definately deck out. I like the night fishing extras, love that night bite ~c~

Cork's Reel Service

Lipripper

WOW now that is a nuce looking rig  ~c~ ~c~

LoonyToon

~c~ That my friend is a Nice ride. I fish with a retired Command Sgt. Major who has a 2005 201Pro XL, matter of fact we are   ~gf  this morning and I'll snap a few pics of his

Keep the Rod Tip up and the Hook Sharp

HillbillyBassR

1998 201 PEPD with a 1998 225 Rude. 74# Mini Kota, 5" jack plate, 24 Raker prop, 50 gallon single gas tank, Hot Foot, single axle trailer with electric winch. 74mph on gps fully loaded. White and cranberry in color.

Way2slow

This is my 99 Javelin R20 I just bought for $5,000

This is my Stratos, was probably the fastest 285 Pro on the water.
That's over 300 ponies on the back, which in now on the Javelin  (81.6 gps loaded with two people and the first time in the water, haven't worked on setup).  Custom 26" raker, turning approx 6,500 rpm.   As they say, it'll booggeeeee.

That's my favorite fishing partner in the seat, 9 year old granddaughter and she can cast her Curado baitcasters as good as most people.

BassBUFF

Those are some nice rides!

Mike Cork

Sounds like quite a ride, looking forward to seeing those pictures Gotstafish ~c~

Cork's Reel Service

paxpress

Those are nice looking boats ~c~ ~c~

javelin225ho

here's my ride,

2000 Javelin Renegade 20
Johnson 225HO

BassBUFF

That's a good looking boat javelin225ho! What's the specs; prop, speed, electronics, etc...?

LoonyToon

Gotsafish---look under Genmar holding corp.---they own those and about 40 others so don't be surprised at what you'll find-------------Four Winns also made the Scarab and other boats

Keep the Rod Tip up and the Hook Sharp

SWL_Justin

My pride and joy is a: 2001 Javelin 18 Venom with a 150 Johnson.

My top speed on Gps was 67 with a four blade. I had to have the blade worked on after hitting something. Now I can only get 62 out of it. But, it gets on plane very fast!

I am very inpressed with the handling this boat has, it will turn on it's side at 40 very smoothly. Only thing I don't like is the smaller deck and not a lot of storage.

-Justin

javelin225ho

Quote from: BassBUFF on February 04, 2006, 07:26:38 AM
That's a good looking boat javelin225ho! What's the specs; prop, speed, electronics, etc...?

im still running the stock prop, i think its a 27 Renegade or something like that. my buddy has a 27 Trophy, worked by Boger, which im gonna put on it this week. I talked to rich and he said it would be perfect for the boat and should pick up another couple MPH. I have had it out once and it was running 65MPH on GPS, im just getting used to it so i might have not had it trimmed up all the way, the gauge is pretty decieving. i do know the manual jackplate is too low, so i have to spend a day on the lake tuning it, the problem is, when i get on the lake, i want to fish! LOL....i dont have anything on it for electronics except an old hummingbird fishfinder and a 56lb trolling motor. the fish finder is a new one, but its a refurbished one from about 8 years ago. i have to get a GPS/fishfinder combo, bigger trolling motor, hydralic jack plate, tandem axle trailer, but i need to get some more money first. the motor only has 57 origional hours on it, so its practically a new boat. i got it for a steal.

crackerjack

Heres my Ride...
2000 Stratos 20 SS Extreme
2000 Johnson 225 HO w/lightening gear case 26 Raker prop (worked)
74 Minn Kota Trolling Motor with Kipawa Prop
2 Orbital exide trolling Motor Batteries and a Full Stay-N-Charged, charging system.
1 BIG OLE Sears Diehard Main Cranking Battery, seperate Oil reserve, 2 - 20 gallon livewells with Aqua Innovations Oxygenator,  53 gal Fuel Cell, 2 professional rod holding compartment and front Compartments, Hot Foot, 8" Jack Plate, rod saver straps, Black Lights, Tilt hydralic Steering, Lowrance 330c Color GPS/Sonar side of console, X-65 flush mount in comsole, X-85 On the Bow with x-65 flush in to Bow (thats right 4 units), built in ice chest, tach, water pressure, mph, engine check, Horn,  fuel gauge, dual automatic high volume bilge pumps, dual axle trailer with mag wheels and mag spare, trailer brake, and some Diamond Plated steps on the fenders.

Clocks out at 71mph gps with 2 people  27 gallons of gas, full Livewells and all the fishing equipment for a year and a bit more on hand plus extras and safety equipment.
Clocks 83mph with just me and no equipment, or
75 with just me, 27gallons, 2 full livewells and all the tackle it can hold.

GotstaFish

I have a 1989 Four Winns 184 AERO which I believe is made by Stratos, at least that what it says on the wiring harness. Can't find any info on this boat even in the Kelly Bluebook.  Evinrude 150XP,Hummingbird 565 up front connected to a Minkota Maxxum 74#with universal sonar,Cuda 168 in console,Lowrance GlobalMap 3500C  loaded with Navionics Premium Lake maps,24 pitch Raker SS 3 blade and she'll do 62mph GPS with half a tank and 2 fishermen with gear.

[Please enable JavaScript to see this content]

ernel

1996 Javelin 389TE
Johnson 150 Faststrike
Renegade 25 pitch prop
70lb Minnkota T/m
Lowrance X-125 and Lms-480

She has got a few handling problems that I am currently trying to fix, but all will be well soon enough.
I don't have a problem!
I'm not addicted to bass fishing. I can quit whenever I want.
I just don't want to quit.
My name is Eric and I am a bass-aholic

crackerjack

Eranl, what kinda handling problems are you having?

ernel

Iy is a really bad steering torque. There is a thread running that is in the boat ramp section here.
I don't have a problem!
I'm not addicted to bass fishing. I can quit whenever I want.
I just don't want to quit.
My name is Eric and I am a bass-aholic