2012 UBCS Rules and Regulations
The 9th Annual Ultimate Bass Club Shootout will be held March 3rd-4th at Sam Houston Jones State Park in Lake Charles, La. and hosted by the Lock Jaw Bass Club.
Clubs participating must have a club board on the Ultimate Bass website and be in good standings with Ultimate Bass.
Individuals that want to fish but do not belong to a club are welcome to fish as long as they are members in good standings of Ultimate Bass. These individuals will be placed on the club team with the least amount of participants.
There are two divisions of the tournament. The first is the team division. Each team will weigh in 5 fish a day for a chance at 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place in the team division. The second is the club division. Each club will take its member’s best 10 fish from each day for a chance to win the Club Division.
The board members of Ultimate Bass will decide on the lake location for the next year’s UBCS.
1. All State, Coast Guard, Federal, Parks and Wildlife Regulations shall apply at all times. Violations of these regulations will be grounds for disqualification.
2. Only Largemouth and Kentucky spotted bass (black bass) will be weighed in. Tournament minimum length will be 12 inches.
3. No more than 5 fish per team in the live-well at a time. When a 6th fish is caught, one must be culled immediately. At no time can a dead fish be culled.
4. You must personally weigh-in your own fish as a team or individually.
5. This is a two-day tournament. Fish must be weighed on the day they are caught, no exceptions.
6. Fish must be kept in a live-well or equally suitable conditions. Every effort must be made to keep fish alive. There will be a 4oz. penalty for every dead fish brought to the scales.
7. The Launch and weigh-in will be held at the Sam Houston Jones State Park. Trailering will not be allowed.
8. All contestants must wear a Coast Guard approved life vest when the boat is on plane. If boat is equipped with a kill switch, it must be attached to driver while boat is on plane.
9. No wake zone enforced at the launch area!
10. A contestant is not permitted to fish within 50 yards from another tournament boat unless permission is granted. Good Sportsmanship is required at all times.
11. Fishing will be done with a rod and reel and artificial lures only (pork rind is acceptable). Each angler may only use one rod/reel at a time.
1. Entry fee will be $35/angler which includes a $10 Big Bass Pot.
2. Entry fee MUST be paid by deadline; deadline for the 2012 UBCS is February 24th, 2012. All fees must be received by midnight. No entries will be accepted after the deadline and no refunds will be given.
1. The tournament will be held regardless of rain or shine
2. Tournament hours are from safe light until 3pm Saturday March 3rd and safe light until 1200/noon Sunday March 4th. Launch will be up to 30 min before sun rise each day based on weather. Saturday and Sunday sunrise is forecast to be around 7:20am.
3. Contestants must be checked in 30 minutes prior to the tournament on both days. Failing to check in will disqualify that team.
4. Contestants must be at weigh in site no later than 3pm on Saturday and no later than noon on Sunday.
Weigh – In
1. Each Team may weigh in 5 fish a day. Each Club May weigh in 10 fish a day.
2. Fish must be presented to the weigh master in a weigh bag filled with water.
3. Contestants will be granted a courtesy bump but must ask for it before weigh in starts.
4. Once a team’s weight is recorded and a member of that team signs for that weight then that weight is final and cannot be appealed.
5. Any appeals (other than weight) must be brought up to the tournament committee before the scales close for the day.
1. The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place teams will receive trophies.
2. The 1st place Club will receive the Championship trophy
3. Big bass for day one and day two will receive cash awards.
1. All applications for entry in the Ultimate Bass Club Shoot Out and the determination of winners and right to awards are subject to the sole approval and discretion of the Tournament Committee whose decision thereon is FINAL.
2. All appeals will be heard by the tournament committee and their decision will be final.
"Tournament Committee” consists of Jared LeBlue, Steve Reneau, Mike Cork, and Jimmy Brown.
Questions should be directed to Jared LeBlue, UB events coordinator.