? Lake Pomme De Terre

Started by bassintime, February 09, 2012, 02:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bassintime

Hi all. Me & a buddy are planning a trip to Pomme De Terre last wk in April. It's been 25 yrs since I been down there & the fishing was great then. My buddy keeps hearing its not so good now. Something about them draining the lake to work on the dam. I know the lake is a catch-all when they let water out of Truman to regulate that pool so i find it hard to believe De Terre is no good anymore. Does anyone have any insight on this or know how De Terre has been the last few yrs? We are going anyway & if its not so good we have plenty of spots to hit on the way back north. Any information on Pomme De Terre would be appreciated.

Camden

I can tell ya more after April 7th i have a Tourny there lo i know right now water temps are hovering around 42-45 and the bass are pretty slow. I'll pull up some past tournaments and see what I can dig up.

bassintime

thanks Camden, any info will be appreciated. Good Luck in the tourney

Camden

i found results for a tourny last april 30th and it took right at 13 lbs to get first. most of the top of the field caught on spinnerbaits and tubes around cover.

bass1cpr

Our club fished Pomme last Sept two days.
first place 12 fish 25.93
second place 12 fish 25.57
third place 12 fish 24.22
fourth place 11fish 21.46
43 anglers, 322 fish weighed, total weight 568.29 Lbs.
Pomme De Terre is alive and well pleanty of numbers of fish.
Good luck on your trip.
A fish a day keeps postal away. See fishing is relaxing.  Member B.A.S.S.  Illinois B.A.S.S. Federation Nation

Bassthumb

you will need to run points with a jerkbait (when they are biting, any color will do, but stick to shad color or move to a table rock color is the water dirties up).  jigs in PB&J on points, and shaky/drop shot on bluff ends.  I have had success in April also throwing lipless and squarebilss...but beware of the muskies...

You can also run a War eagle "mouse" colored spinnerbait in the Pomme river on laydowns and current breaks.  If the water is low, that will be a treacherous trip into the pomme.

try a square bill around every dock on the shallow side, and try JBs in the empty stalls.

Jigs and plastic on the south bank of the stick-marsh

all I know...
Retired USAF MSgt (1W071A)            2008 Triton Tr-196
Plattsmouth, NE                  Mercury Optimax 200
B.A.S.S   NE B.A.S.S. Federation   FoMNTT participant (never again)                   Omaha-River City Bass Club

bassintime

Thanks bass1& bassthumb. Thats what I thought. That was too good a spot to be dead now. We will be staying at 83 resort-Hickory Ridge. Was owned by Bob & Neysa Jenkins but they got rid of it, I talked to Beatty Sue who is the owner now. Camden let me know how you do in the tourney & good luck again.   We will be pulling in down there on the 21st.
           Thanks All------information is much appreciated