><((((º>...><((((º>.........Your Attachment Couldn't Be Saved

Started by MotherNature, February 13, 2012, 11:10:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotherNature

Have you had this happen to you?

Your attachment couldn't be saved. This might happen because it took too long to upload or the file is bigger than the server will allow.

Please consult your server administrator for more information.

If so here are some reasons why and some ways to keep it from happening again.

First you need to check to make sure that the attachment extension is one of the following. You are only allowed to upload the attachment types listed and there are no exceptions.

doc,pdf,xls,txt,dst,jpg,png,xlxs

Second, you need to know that there is a size limit to the file that you are uploading. You can upload up to 4 attachments to a single post but they can't exceed more than 500 kb per post and each attachment can't be over 250 kb. That means if you have a 250 kb file you may not be able to upload 4 attachments depending on the size of your other attachments.

500 kb per post
250 kb per  attachment

Now... if you aren't sure of the size of your file, just open the folder where you have your file saved on your computer. Usually you can roll your mouse over the file and it will pop up the file information and it will list the file type, date created or modified, dimensions, and size. If that doesn't work try right clicking on it and selecting properties and that should give you the same file information.

Make sure that the total of your files doesn't go over the 500 kb.

Please if you are having trouble with uploading an attachment ask someone to help you with it, don't just try to upload it over and over again. I see where people have tried to upload an attachment upwards of 10 times and continue to fail. I would be so made I would throw the computer.

Ask someone to help you. If all else fails you can email it to one of us and we can put it up for you ;)

Laurie

Below are two examples of images that I have uploaded. They are the same picture that have been saved at different picture dimensions and qualities to create different file sizes.

[attachment outdated - deleted by admin]

.·´¯`·.><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>