$70K boat = More rights at launch!!

Started by Judge, February 21, 2012, 08:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyle Kennington

Quote from: Judge on February 22, 2012, 10:46:01 PM
2 judges loading their boats saw the same thing, I had to stop pulling out to let the Skeeter in front of me.  Just saying if your in a hurry ask to go in front, most people will say go ahead.  No misuderstanding just not paying attention and belief of entitlement
Do 2 judges qualify as witnesses? lo
Judge Craig,
I used to be on the team with those guys and know both guys really well. Nicest ones you will ever meet. Every now and again we all get distracted and make mistakes. Both of those guys are very humble men and I'm confident it was not intentional. Just like me not recognizing you on caddo that cold morning a few months ago. LOL

So, did u find the right set up for that boat?

fishrman

Mike you missed it. (Yahama wrap, power poles with reeve.com on them.) This Team Members Boat was pictured on their site about a month back... Found picture of boat on their site.

[attachment outdated - deleted by admin]
Sit Down, shut up, and hold on!

ronalddipietro

There should be no need in relating stories such as these..b ecause..Everyone is right and Everyone is wrong..Public waters is just that..NO HOLES, SPOTS or Baited holes have the ability to become SOMEOnES PRIVATE SPOT...Tournament Anglers as a whole are selfish and selfcentered.(think about it) do you ever want someone else to win bresides you...so they have the reasoning process slightlyt skewed...gotta..gotta gotta catch a fish...got to win..got to win..and the greater the tourny the greater the need to wins shine...If you dont like that typ4e of trash..quit tournament fishing. But wait a minute...there are those types of people out there every day and on most lakes..LAKE RAGE is next.
throw a rattle trap at someone and they may reach down and pick up a gun and end it for you.  When I first started fishing I joined a bass club..(Cenla Bassmasters) ( Happy Hookers) were the only 2 clubs I joined...I did not have a boat and I wanted to learn more about Bass Fishing. I got to fish with experience3d fishermen in their boats...(thats cool) but then the meetings, the politics in the meetings, arguments, and tons of other BS...drove me away...I tried a few open tounaments but never got paid...For the past several ;years now I just go fishing fwhen I want to, fish til I am tired and so far have avoided the frustrations and tresspasses of other people. 
Lets Go Fishing

K2Racing29

Ronald. You have valid points and every person has a reason to fish competitively or choose not to. Sure, they are public waters but there are rules set in place that protect that spot for an angler who, depending on the format, either beat you to it on a takeoff, or invested an early morning start to sit on that spot. The same set of rules that says you have to wear a lifevest says you have to keep you distance. Ethics aside, it's a rules violation.
The ramp issues are ethical issues. What happened was flat out rude and people who are that respected in the fishing community should be more alert and aware of their surroundings. Especially since they represent a business that is dependent on customer perception.

All that being said, I'll wait my turn at the ramp and avoid confrontation on the water even on a pleasure fishing day and hope others will return the favor.

Please do not use Outdoor Hub Mobile, Please find and use TapaTalk for your phone
2006 Legend LE21

From the Country that Invented Rock N Roll

Judge

Kyle,

I believe they are great guys, and I'm not angry about it. It did strike a chord that day and I stewed about it for a while. I learned a long time ago if no one is in danger don't address the issue when your angry. This was just an example of boating courtesy that everyone needs to be aware of.

No, I have not found a set up I'm happy with yet. Looks like I have to upgrade to a 3.0L to get what I want. Will have a perfect Super Mag (Pro Max) for sale in classifieds soon

bassmedic46

Used to park my ambulance at a local boat launch not in Any ones way, had some guy come over and tell us we shouldn't be there because we didn't have a boat. He had a brand new nitro z9. Honestly wish I had filmed some of the stuff we saw. Gave a whole new perspective to rude

Please do not use Outdoor Hub Mobile, Please find and use TapaTalk for your phone
A bad day fishing is better then a good day at work. Take a kid fishing

Shorthaired

Quote from: bassmedic46 on February 23, 2012, 04:48:45 PM
Used to park my ambulance at a local boat launch not in Any ones way, had some guy come over and tell us we shouldn't be there because we didn't have a boat. He had a brand new nitro z9. Honestly wish I had filmed some of the stuff we saw. Gave a whole new perspective to rude

Man, if I were a launch owner, I would pay you to park/hang out at my launch as much as possible. Especially considering the stories I hear about people acting crazy at the boat launch.

Nutt

All of this is nothing new.  It still makes me mad at how some people act and think their time is more important than mine, or they have more rights than someone else, but at the end of the day it really doesnt matter.  Its not right, but it doesnt matter.  It will happen to everyone at some point.  Just remember what Momma said:  Treat others like you want to be treated. 
Doctor says I should stay away from other people.

Brushhog11