Bass Fishing Forum Bass Fishing Forum

Site Slogan

News: NEW FORUM! Yes, this is UB! Feedback HERE!

Early fishing

(Read 807 times)

BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER SUPPORT UB

CraigP83

Driving over Pool 2 of the mississippi on my way to work. Looks like its all open now. Anybody been out there yet?
With the temps we've been having (if they keep up) I could see most metro lakes being open by the end of the month.

CraigP83

Looks like everything is open. Anybody been out yet, what you been seeing for water temps?

fulldraw84

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
Craig, Have you been to the river yet? I haven't ever been there but want to get down there soon.
I hate hard water.

CraigP83

Nope, Fished some lakes for crappies so far thats it.

CraigP83

Crappies werent biting but I did get this one on a 2'' mister twister. 1st bass in the "new" boat

Water was 51*F, figure it was a male moving up

fulldraw84

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
Nice fish, I'm surprised the water was only 51. Man I gotta get down there. some pre spawn bassin would be nice. What landing do you use for the bigger bass boats. any good ones for a first timer.
Congrats on the boat. I bought my Ranger last year and love it.
I hate hard water.

CraigP83

Nice fish, I'm surprised the water was only 51. Man I gotta get down there. some pre spawn bassin would be nice. What landing do you use for the bigger bass boats. any good ones for a first timer.
Congrats on the boat. I bought my Ranger last year and love it.

This was on Big Marine lake. I used the south ramp it was easy launching it but you have to be careful cause if you back straight up it gets really shallow. I actually got the trolling motor stuck in the sand when I lowered it...it was really embarrasing. There is a path of deeper water that leads away from the ramp however, I just learned the hard way

fulldraw84

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
I got a buddy that lives next to the lake in Scandia, Heard its a great bass lake but haven't been able to go yet. too many lakes and not enough time to fish.
I hate hard water.

CraigP83

I got a buddy that lives next to the lake in Scandia, Heard its a great bass lake but haven't been able to go yet. too many lakes and not enough time to fish.

Thats probably either Big Marine or Big Carnelian. Both good lakes for numbers