Snake heads....a whole bunch

Started by Diggy_, April 12, 2012, 05:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diggy_

We did a tourney today that should air on animal planet in a few months on a fishing show
11 lbs

37 inches

I caught 4, this was my biggest..5lbs7oz

Some randoms pics..2 people caught over 40 as a team on foot

I also ate some that was batter dipped..first time trying it. It was good but since I catch them in less than desirable places I doubt I'll try it again. Maybe if I catch them in the glades since they are there now.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

marriemb

You caught four of these! Great!!  ~c~
Visit marinews.com for fishing boat reviews.

Diggy_

Thank you. Two of them were so small they were cute. Mine were still sitting in a bucket on ice. Over 100 were caught easily. My largest faught like a champ so I can only imagine what some of the others faught like

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

-Joe-

Are these tourneys held to help weed out the snakeheads? Sounds like a great idea. ~c~ Looks like its getting over run with them. Bet that was a blast.

Diggy_

Yes its to help keep the pop down

Total of 172 snakeheads and 106 bass caught today. Winner of big fish was  a 37 incher, congrats man! Winner of most fish had a grand total of 46 snakeheads.

jocko

wow - the snakeheads are out of control down there!  A good effort - that's the most I've ever seen.  Let us know if you know when the show will air.  Very cool.

yak-aholic

y'all got some big uglies there for sure!!!
Nothing makes a fish bigger than ALMOST being caught.

Diggy_

There is another roundup on saturday for anyone thets interested. Margate/Tamarac/coral springs area.

60 per person or 2man team

www.jdscustombaits.com/News--and--Events.php

Sent from my PG41200 using Tapatalk

Diggy_

Some pics here from sat

http://www.facebook.com/jds.custombaits

SpartanBass

What do they do with the fish?

Please do not use Outdoor Hub Mobile, Please find and use TapaTalk for your phone
A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work!

Diggy_

Fillet them, donate the meat to people without. Save some to cook. Some get used for salt water bait if needed.

SpartanBass

Is it good eating?

Please do not use Outdoor Hub Mobile, Please find and use TapaTalk for your phone
A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work!

Diggy_

Yes very good, but I'm not fond of the collection areas where we catch them so I pass

manbearpig

Yeah, they live in some nasty waters, garbage, trash bags, grocery carts, car batteries, lawn furniture, etc. etc. etc.  The only thing I have not seen is a dead body...........yet. :)
They see me chuckin, they be hatin.

Diggy_

Quote from: manbearpig on April 24, 2012, 08:59:04 PM
Yeah, they live in some nasty waters, garbage, trash bags, grocery carts, car batteries, lawn furniture, etc. etc. etc.  The only thing I have not seen is a dead body...........yet. :)
every canal has a grocery kart it seems ;D

Posted from my mobile device using tapatalk2

Diggy_

I think the episode will be on tonight at 900 on animal planet with this tourney/meet/hunt on it

Creel Limit Zero

Yeah, snakeheads are delicious if you get a chance to have some from water that is a little more desirable.  I catch them on the Potomac and eat them, delicious... 

bassindude

I didnt know they were in the Glades.  Not real happy about that.  Jim
Jim ><///'>><///'>