Decision Decision and I need some help

Started by BASSCAT07, April 15, 2012, 06:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BASSCAT07

Ok guys I have never been in a Legend but I am looking at purchasing one hard. Overall performance for big water and river back water fishing with a good top speed what would be my best option? The Alpha 199 or 211. I need some help here guys I have a great boat now but I am in the fever for a new one so any input would be great. I fish collegiate so it will need to hold up on the road too. How are the trailers and everything like I said I know nothing about them.

Thanks,
Logan 

JMGullo

You can't go wrong with either of those boats but the Alpha 211 will handle rough water a little better due to the extra length to stretch the waves. Don't get me wrong the 199 is a great rough water boat too but that little extra length never hurts. Both boats will run mid 70's. Storage is awesome and both are very comfortable. As far as the trailers they are EZ Loader which to me are some of the best on the road. I'm sure someone else will be by soon to add to this but IMO you can't go wrong with a Legend for overall proformance in any conditions.

BASSCAT07

Thanks JM....I am currently in a 19' Bass Cat....It floats supper shallow and when I need in some backwater holes I don't have a problem.....I'm sure you fish in a lot of back waters over in Louisiana how does it do?

JMGullo

Yea we fish ALOT of shallow stumpy water and it does great. I don't know exactly how much water it draws but I can't think of a time where I couldn't get where I wanted to go.

Mike Cork

The Alpha 211 has an 8-11 inch draft if you are standing on the front of the boat. Really depends on fuel load, how many batteries, and your equipment. Plus if your a big guy or a little guy. But completely full I've not had one draft more than about 11 inches.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service