New reel time!

Started by Buzzin 7.1:1, April 20, 2012, 09:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan1962

Quote from: duke13372 on April 22, 2012, 12:10:00 PM
From the impressions that I have from others, the Pro Qualifier is probably very similar to a Revo if not made in the same factory.
Abu line of reels black max ,silver max , Pro Max ,orra , revo  & BPS PQ & Lews Reels & Pflueger reels are all made in same Factory and have almost all of the same internal parts  Gear sets are interchangeable .

That's why i like Shimano they actually make there own reels .

yak-aholic

One of the sales people at my local Cabela's told me the other day that the only 2 companies that make their own reels any more are Shimano and Daiwa. I don't know how much truth there is to that, but it's what he said.
Nothing makes a fish bigger than ALMOST being caught.

duke13372

You can't even be sure that their products are made in their facilities.  You can add Ardent to that list but even all their reels are not made in Missouri. 

dave0943

I own Curado's, Revo's, PQ'S, Lew's. All are great reels. As far as the PQ'S and Revo's and Lew's all being made in the same factory. They all aren't made the same. It seems like the Lew's are smoother, better casting reels than the PQ'S. Revo's are more similar to the Lew's. Thats just my opinion. I would buy any of these models again. I'm about to pull the trigger on a few more tournament pro's.
That Revo and Rod for 150.00 sounds like a good buy if it's in good condition.

buzzfrog

for 200. there is alot of choices, for good price and quality, PQ and the okuma citrix are super, though the citrix is  7:3.1
Black SunShine

bass78

try a lews !!  I am a shimano guy.. I have 2 curado's and 2 citicas, abu garcia (old 55ooC) Diawa exceller.  But I am going to go different this time. Even the Lews speed spool for 89.95 feels great !  I am going to step out on a limb and buy one today.  Played with it yesterday and made my mind up...
JJ's Magic Prostaff, The Rod Glove Pro Staff, Extreme Sunglasses Pro Staff,    Blue Sports Outdoors Pro staff,