Shimano stradic ci4

Started by Triple D, June 10, 2012, 09:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple D

I'm planning on purchasing two of these reels tomorrow. A 2500 for a 6'6" M with 8# fluro and a 3000 for 6'6" m/h st. croix avid with 30# braid. Does any one have any pros and cons about these reels? I've read some reviews that were good but would like your input too please. Thanks
Make your own Luck!!!

Dan1962

haven't used a spinning reel in over 2 years But when i did use them Shimano Stradic was always top of the Line when it came to spinning reels  the Ci4 are so real nice reels

wolfs4evr

IMO all you need is the 2500s.  I have 3 of them and love them all.  Plus a 2500 Sahara on the forth rod.  These are what my daughter uses for bass fishing then we split them for trout/other fishing excursions.  Drag is smooth/consistant on all of them, line quantity on the spool is plenty, etc.  I have 10lb braid on one of the C4s (ML rod), 20lb braid on the Sahara (MH rod) and 8lb mono on the other two C4s (M rods).  We don't have lots of big bass out here in Lake Mead but she has landed her share of 10lb Stripers that got in the way on those C4s and never lost one even running 8lb mono.  Very smooooooth.

I'm not a huge fan of running Fluoro on them.  The one with 10lb braid had 8lb fluoro on it for drop shotting and though it did work pretty good with the right brand of fluoro it is just so much easier to use something other than Fluoro and not deal with the downsides of Fluoro on a spinning real.  (DON'T use Berkley 100% Fluoro...  One trip on that stuff and I almost tossed that rod into the lake I was soooo frustrated with it.  Seaguar worked the best and was managable.  But...  Braid comes out of the guides faster and smoother and overall works better for me drop shotting in 10-30 feet of water.  It gets down there fast.)