Mystery Hole in Norestar Seat

Started by Goosegas, June 13, 2012, 01:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goosegas

Hi folks-

I just received 2 seats made by Norestar for my 14 ft. Porta-Bote

The seats have some kind of hole on the left side of the bottom. I have attached a photo for your review.

I have seen photos of these chairs many times and none of them have these holes.  I called the company that I purchased them from, and they said they think they are to attach a cup holder or a rod holder. If you look at the photo you will see the hole is more of a slot with a small hole in it, and it actually aligns with a small hole on the seat back when folded. Needing an aligning hole on the back doesn't make much sense if it is for a cup holder or rod holder.

In my opinion, it looks more like this seat is designed to connect to something, like maybe an adjoining seat or something, but I can't understand why the seller doesn't know or won't tell.

It isn't the nicest to look at, but it wouldn't be a disaster to keep them as I don't think the structural integrity is compromised by this hole.

If anybody knows what this is for, please let me know as I am debating whether or not to return them.

Thanks

Rick

[attachment outdated - deleted by admin]

TreyB55

Looks like it should have a lock and it's used to keep it closed while going down the road.
Team Eddies Marine
Hydra-Sports    Mercury     Zoom      Lews