Anybody been to Jacksonvile?

Started by boydn1, June 14, 2012, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boydn1

Planning to fish Sun afternoon and Mon morning.  Any ideas?
Thanks

copnjax

If you're talking about Jacksonville, Fl., that's where I live.  However, there are several "Jacksonvilles" scattered around the country.  Jacksonville, Fl. has plenty of water to fish.  That's why it's called the "river city".  Also, the retention ponds here are notorious for giving up good fish!
Retired after 34 yrs. with Jacksonville P.D.  Now I have time to hunt and fish!

bass1cpr

Boyn1 fish a fluke over grass in the morning also a jig around docks in the no wake area. 1/4 oz. jig black/blue with a zoom super chunk flippin blue. Black/blue flake weightless senco.
A fish a day keeps postal away. See fishing is relaxing.  Member B.A.S.S.  Illinois B.A.S.S. Federation Nation

boydn1

Thanks, didn't get this until today but, I ended up going to Glen Shoals.  Did ok, new PB at 5.68.  Not huge but, was GREAT for me.
I'm going to aim for Jacksonville next weekend. 
Thanks for the tips.

bass1cpr

Congrats on the newPB. That's a respectable fish anytime. Their hitting green pumpkin stuff at Jacksonville too. I'll be at Shelbyville this weekend for the TBF high school championships.
A fish a day keeps postal away. See fishing is relaxing.  Member B.A.S.S.  Illinois B.A.S.S. Federation Nation

boydn1

I was pretty happy with her.  Like to see a bunch more like that.

How's the TBF thing work?  You drive and kids fish?
I've only been on Shelbyville once and it was a pleasure boat trip.  I may be up there with my brother the following weekend but, again no fishing boat.  Looks like a GREAT lake.
have fun!

bass1cpr

We are the Captains and guide's for the kid's we drive they fish. We can't touch the fish till their in the boat then we can bump and tag them. Can't tie any of their stuff but we can tell them what we'd use and where. We can let them run the trolling motor but that's it. I'm lucky enough that I get to borrow an 05 Ranger Z21 with a 250 Verado for the tournament I get to ack like it's mine for the weekend. Wohoo some day's life is good. I have a couple of kid's that have been fishing out of my Tracker with a 25 horse four stroke and they just found out what they will be fishing out of this weekend. Here's a picture of their faces  ;D and you can't wipe it off  ~roflmao . To say their charged up is putting it mildly.

ILbasslayer

Quote from: bass1cpr on June 21, 2012, 10:17:39 PM
   We are the Captains and guide's for the kid's we drive they fish. We can't touch the fish till their in the boat then we can bump and tag them. Can't tie any of their stuff but we can tell them what we'd use and where. We can let them run the trolling motor but that's it. I'm lucky enough that I get to borrow an 05 Ranger Z21 with a 250 Verado for the tournament I get to ack like it's mine for the weekend. Wohoo some day's life is good. I have a couple of kid's that have been fishing out of my Tracker with a 25 horse four stroke and they just found out what they will be fishing out of this weekend. Here's a picture of their faces  ;D and you can't wipe it off  ~roflmao . To say their charged up is putting it mildly.

Haha. I got to pull my buddies brand new Ranger Z119  to his house the other day. Should have seen the look I got by some of the people I know around town. HAHA!
NEVER GIVE UP
Don't let anyone look down on you  because you are young, but set an example  for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith  and in purity. 1st Timothy 4:12
Started from the bottom, now we here.